TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Took a spin on Mine Blower this afternoon. It's still like it was in July - super-fun airtime, headache-inducing roughness at bottoms of hills and turns. It's a shame, really, that layout is nothing short of masterful.

Took a spin on Mine Blower this afternoon. It's still like it was in July - super-fun airtime, headache-inducing roughness at bottoms of hills and turns. It's a shame, really, that layout is nothing short of masterful.

I have said it before, I'll say it now, and I'll say it forever- Mine Blower is not that rough of a ride. Would I call it smooth? Not by a long shot. But it's not as bad as, say, Gwazi.

I have said it before, I'll say it now, and I'll say it forever- Mine Blower is not that rough of a ride. Would I call it smooth? Not by a long shot. But it's not as bad as, say, Gwazi.

Rip Ride is much worse than Gwazi IMO. And I rode both sides of Gwazi, Labor Day Weekend 2012

In your opinion. In our opinion, it's quite rough and headache-inducing (but still really fun). And Gwazi is known as being one of the roughest coasters to exist..so pretty unfair argument.

I think that it's still pretty good overall! But given the choice between it and White Lightning, I would take White Lightning more often. If those bottoms (EDIT: VALLEYS!!! I can't believe I forgot that term!) were smoothed out it would be much better.

Edited by A.J.

• 8 months later...
Stopping through Orlando in a few weeks. Will have a chance to get 1 ride on each Fun Spot coaster. Any input on where to sit for each coaster? Front? Middle? Back?

Funny story, I prefer back seat on White Lightning but front seat on Mine Blower. But honestly, the queues are often so short that you can get multiple rides in minutes.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone done the skysled yet? How is it?

Thinking of hitting both fun spots next month (not on the same day)... I've already done the Orlando park / White Lightning but haven't done Mine Blower yet. The Orlando park will be too close to my hotel to not marathon WL one evening.

With so many mixed reviews of mine blower I'm debating to get a wristband or just go to that fun spot in Kissimmee to ride MB once or twice (once in front, once in back? = $20?) and then enjoy the wrist band at the Orlando location. Is SkySled at the Orlando location too? It's not listed on the site.

Is there enough difference between the two parks to warrant a wristband at both? I know they do the $99 season pass but I have no reason to go to either again this year.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering, here are some other ticket options offered at the park (no mention of them online on the website), from the live online chat i had with them:

1) is it true you can visit both parks the same day by upgrading your wristband for $10 so you can get both parks?

-- Yes, that is correct. $10 upgrade per armband to go to the second park.

2) If I want to visit two separate days, (one day at each park) do you offer a 2 park ticket?

-- We do not offer a 2-park ticket.

3) Do you offer an evening only ticket?

-- Yes, we have an evening special after 9PM. Passes go down to $30. These can only be purchased in-park.

• 1 month later...

I'm buying season passes for my daughter and I. We will be visiting all three locations next month. I'm hoping those cool go-kart tracks will rekindle my love of go-karts the way Kings Dominion did for roller coasters in 2017.

I figure with them being open until midnight and the fact that we will be in the Tampa/Orlando area for 3-4 days, we will get our money's worth.

I live over 1000 miles away and I feel I got my money's worth last year. With the difference between a day pass and a season pass being minimal, it made a ton of sense. It was the perfect way to end the day when SeaWorld closed early.

• 3 weeks later...

Made my first visit today since Mine Blower was installed. My opinions on the ride are favorable but at the same time a bit mixed. I have to start by saying that this is a legit coaster. If you want to visit all the real coasters in Central Florida, you're going to have to visit both Fun Spots. This this is a real coaster, but it is an intense beast! From the moment it absolutely whips you over that first drop it is a relentless assault. It's a little bit too much of an assault for it to land among my favorites like white Lightning did. This is my first "next-generation" style woodie and I'm a bit more of a traditionalist. The super overbanked turns weren't really my cup of tea. The ride also tracked surprisingly poorly for a relatively new wooden coaster. But on the plus side, this one was filled with little blips of ejector air, and it's quite a marvel that they were able to fit such a beautifully intense and complete-feeling ride in a footprint that seems scarcely bigger than a wild mouse. Truly a marvel in that regard.