Sesame Place Discussion Thread

P.3 - Oscar's Wacky Taxi Wooden Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Sesame Place Discussion Thread

Postby JT325 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:31 am

The soft-er green structure had me the first time I saw it. So nice to get something different! I just spoke to a coaster friend who lives out that way (in NJ, actually) and he explained they will load this ride with a new perk. They bring people up to the station in groups and let them see how the ride is loaded, what the train looks like... and to view the ride, or something along those lines. Sounds like a great way to make kids feel better if they are nervous about riding.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 24, 2018 11:56 am

^ Roar-o-saurus at Story Land scares away quite a few kids with how loud it is. This seems like a good idea to try and get kids more comfortable. I just hope it doesn't slow down dispatches too much since the train only holds 12.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- New Reoma World

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JT325 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Roar-o-saurus at Story Land scares away quite a few kids with how loud it is.

I loved that ride, but I'll agree it was very loud... too loud in fact. Wondering if it's a common complaint and if Gravity Group is working on that issue? It's a very steel-y rolling noise, very high pitch.

Canobie Coaster wrote:This seems like a good idea to try and get kids more comfortable. I just hope it doesn't slow down dispatches too much since the train only holds 12.

My buddy said something about getting the trainload (or 2?) ready for their ride, not sure what exactly that entails. Do you know if they have 2 trains?
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 24, 2018 12:43 pm

I don't know how many trains it'll have. I'm hoping they have two.
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala

Postby thrillrider » Thu May 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Few questions about this park.

We are planning on visiting in june, but after looking more closely at the park i am questioning if it's really worth it for "us". We have 2 kids that are 3 and 4, plus a 12 year old. The plan is to spend half a day at this park, and go over and spend the rest of the day at six flags great adventure(We have six flags season passes). We can get discounted tickets for sesame place, but it would still cost us around $200.
I was looking at a map of the park, and it's really not big at all, and noticed that over half of the park is water attractions. The kids are not really into the water slides yet, but love the amusement rides and sesame street. With that being said, is it really worth spending all that money, or am I missing something? Also, we are visiting Busch garden Williamsburg on the same trip, and noticed that they have a sesame street area in the park as well.

Thanks for any input.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 24, 2018 1:43 pm

If Oscar's Wacky Taxi rides like the other Gravity Group woodies, it will be a great coaster worth multiple rerides. Vapor Trail actually caused me to start to grey out on one of its helixes last year and I was stunned.

The flat rides are the same as what you can find at Busch Gardens in the main park and ride park.

I think the real differentiators are the water slides and shows. I can't speak on the latter though since I got the credit and dashed.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 pm

I don't think this was shared here - some good aerial shots during construction.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Oscar's Wacky Taxi was a fun ride, but is not on par with Wooden Warrior. Just two mild pops of air. However, in the two train loads I saw unload, every kid appeared happy.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:54 am

^ I don't think the ride was warmed up yet for your ride since that's a stark contrast to the rides I'm getting today. Every hill had a pop of air. The back even had some spots of ejector air on the larger drops.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:07 am

thrillrider wrote:Few questions about this park.

We are planning on visiting in june, but after looking more closely at the park i am questioning if it's really worth it for "us". We have 2 kids that are 3 and 4, plus a 12 year old. The plan is to spend half a day at this park, and go over and spend the rest of the day at six flags great adventure(We have six flags season passes). We can get discounted tickets for sesame place, but it would still cost us around $200.
I was looking at a map of the park, and it's really not big at all, and noticed that over half of the park is water attractions. The kids are not really into the water slides yet, but love the amusement rides and sesame street. With that being said, is it really worth spending all that money, or am I missing something? Also, we are visiting Busch garden Williamsburg on the same trip, and noticed that they have a sesame street area in the park as well.

Thanks for any input.

I think it would be worth it. Having been myself I saw that while small, it does have a good collection of rides for the kids. Do they water play at all?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!