Sesame Place Discussion Thread

P.3 - Oscar's Wacky Taxi Wooden Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Sesame Place Discussion Thread

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:41 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:It's a no brainer if you have a SeaWorld/Busch season pass. Otherwise it's a pretty expensive pit stop ($80 amdission plus $20 parking).

Yup, I'm a platinum pass holder so that's the only reason I'd make a quick stop for a few rides, wouldn't make a special trip out of it either but have some family in the area as well so maybe at some point.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:24 pm

It's an easy stop on the way to Six Flags Great Adventure since it's just a half hour away too.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:It's an easy stop on the way to Six Flags Great Adventure since it's just a half hour away too.

Depends where you're coming from, it's not for me.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:32 am

They take a few paragraphs to set up the emotional stakes, so I've clipped out the real news part of the story. You can read the whole thing here:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/07/06/health/sesame-place-autism-certification/index.html

Theme parks, other family destinations accommodate families with autism

...[T]he "cherry on top" is the new designation as a Certified Autism Center, which makes Sesame Place the first theme park in the world to receive that distinction from the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards. To earn the certification, the board requires at least 80% of a park's staff to complete rigorous training on autism sensitivity and awareness.

According to Meredith Tekin, the board's vice president of sales and marketing, "the Certified Autism Center designation is awarded to premier organizations around the globe who have completed rigorous training and meet the highest industry standards, including onsite reviews to make grounds and activities more accommodating as well as staff awareness and sensitivity training." This designation gives parents, families and individuals "peace of mind" and "empowers staff," which improves everyone's experience, she said.

In addition to staff training, Sesame Place has created quiet rooms: small, dimly lit spaces with comfortable armchairs and sensory bead mazes on the walls to provide a break from the stimulation. The park also offers noise-canceling headphones as well as designated "low-sensory zones" along a parade route and in theaters. Guests who may struggle with standing in line or require special assistance boarding a ride can also use a fast pass called Abby's Magic Queue....

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Afterburner » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 am

Wow. This is awesome news. Here's hoping more theme parks follow suit.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Sooooo.... who thought Oscars Wacky Taxi had no air? And what crack are you on? :lol:

To be fair, it was hot humid and rainy today but jesus god that coaster is legit. I truly can't get over how much bullsh*t nuts ejector air we got. So good, I'm a huge fan. My first ever GG coaster too.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:10 pm

^I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought it was pretty crazy for a "kids" ride. I love that little coaster

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Totally crazy for a kids/family ride. I went with my sister and my 5 year old (budding enthusiast) nephew. One of his biggest coasters yet and he loved it - we all did. She lives nearby and took him over earlier this summer and he had cold feet, but was determined to ride with me today. She sat in the front with him and me behind them, so I couldn't see his reactions. I was hoping for good air but once we shot out of the tunnel and hit those back to back to back to back pops I was thinking he was probably hating life but once we pulled in and got out he had a huge cheesey grin and said he loved it. He's been a little had to predict as he likes certain coasters (Wild Whizzer, Flitzer) but hates others (Rollies, Runaway Mine Train) so I was especially pleased he enjoyed a little airtime machine. My response to him was "wait til you get a load of El Toro, bud!" :lol: He's only three inches away.

You know what else they have thats crazy for a kids ride? Their mini troika thing. Holy f*ck they run that thing hard. We all loved it though.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:50 pm

boldikus wrote: You know what else they have thats crazy for a kids ride Their mini troika thing. Holy f*ck they run that thing hard. We all loved it though.

That ride is pretty intense for a kids park, we just went on the flying machine at BGW and it wasn't nearly as intense and also much shorter. My daughter was not impressed with the BGW one after riding the SP one in June.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:132
STEEL:101
WOOD:31
PARKS:25

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:10 pm

^ I too was stunned Honker Dinger Derby was that intense. The cycle was pretty short last year though.

^^ Glad you liked Oscar's Wacky Taxi. I rode it the second weekend it was open and even though it was much cooler, it had air on every single hill.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!