Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 87 - Robin Hood to get an RMC Make Over for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:19 pm

That track color is awesome. Ever since RMC I-box makeovers started becoming a thing, I've been waiting for a park to go with a natural wood-like beige color as opposed to bright reds and blues and greens (as much as I love those too). I'm very interested to see how this turns out.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:25 am

Past night Robin Hood made it's last rounds around the track. After closing hours (23:00 October 28th) there was a special event (around 01:00 October 29th) for 24 people to say goodbye to the Wooden coaster. It was here that they revealed the name of the RMC: Untamed. Untamed will open July 1st 2019. Groundwork had been started last week while the ride was still operational but now with the park closed till April 2019 the real work can start. A spokeperson has promised that they will keep fans posted on the lasted developments. There has yet to a full lay-out reveal.
Source.

Personal thoughts: I like the name, despite being a bit bland for an RMC if you ask me. Saturday there was a rumor the ride might be called Timber Trip. So it being revealed as Untamed was a nice surprise. I'm a bit disapointed they didn't reveal more but they only promised the name so I can't be too mad.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:11 pm

^I wonder what was the fastest RMC conversion to date from last ride to first ride? This seems pretty quick!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:17 pm

I think it might be Twisted Colossus at just over 9 months. Colossus closed on 8/16/14 and reopened on 5/23/15. I thought it may have been Twisted or Wicked Cyclone, but both took 10 months.

I've always been a fan of Untamed as a name, but the logo looks aot better at Canobie. Here it looks like a carnival sign. But that really doesn't matter much since the ride will most likely be awesome.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 pm

The Name-Logo looks like something from the animated movie musical SING. Truth. :?r
sing.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:53 pm

:lol: I knew that font looked familiar.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby walibi owner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:40 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I've always been a fan of Untamed as a name, but the logo looks aot better at Canobie. Here it looks like a carnival sign. But that really doesn't matter much since the ride will most likely be awesome.

The Source I got the name from tells that the logo isn't in it's the definitive logo. I hope they still change it because I agree with you.

On the Youtube making off: I love it way better then that Snapchat stuff they did whith Lost Gravity. I'm quite exited to follow this.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!