TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

p. 34 - Bobcat wooden coaster announced for 2024!

• 3 weeks later...

^ If that's true, I fear the seemingly endless rumor of Alpine Bobsled's removal may finally come true. If that happens, they really need some type of steel coaster to compliment Comet. It's pretty sad that a bobsled that has been relocated twice is the best steel coaster there, but just look at the competition.

If they really do remove the Bobsleds then they most certainly will need a new major coaster because that would drop the park down to 4 large coasters and 1 kiddie coaster. It was bad enough when they removed Nightmare even if it was a ride capacity nightmare (no pun intended). Alpine isn't the best, but its still better than the other offerings aside from Comet. If the park could get a decent coaster to match Comet it wouldn't matter as much if the other coasters are terrible. Im glad they have been expanding their flat ride collection which was really lacking for years, but it's time for a big coaster addition, and not just a water coaster either.

I believe it ended up at La Ronde.

That is correct, and honestly it would have been better to place it somewhere at Great Escape than to give it to a park that already had a Batman Clone. It wouldn't have been the best but it would be better than Canyon Blaster or Steamin' Demon.

This is a park that has to close the Bobsleds early (on the few days they actually operate) due to noise. A Raptor is probably out of the question.

I have never understood this rule( I know why they have it), because really the rest of the park isn't exactly silent or quiet even nearby. This stipulation could actually hurt their chances of a new coaster unless they place it somewhere else in the park which kind of defeats the purpose of removing the bobsleds.

I hate noise ordnances around parks. The noise coming out of a park is not THAT loud. And its not like parks are even open THAT late on a regular basis. Babies I say lol!

Edit for a side note: I live right next to a rail road track. I have for most of my life. A train passing by twice an hour is significantly louder than any noise coming out of a theme park for a 10 to 12 hour operating day. No one in my neighborhood has ever complained lol!

I find that it generally is except for the Texas Parks where they absolutely, 100% don't give a sh*t.

Maybe Great Escape is the same way, but it would be crazy for a ride with prolonged downtime to be posting as open... especially since the wait time has been fluctuating a little bit the last few days.

:lmao:

The most I'll give Ednor is that it has a nice entrance and looks good on the water. But it's a terribly rough ride. Steamin' Demon is far better.

I still hate how they hyped up the spooky theming but then gave it a generic McDonald's color scheme! [/rant]

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be at the park a week from Tuesday for my first time. Any tips for a first time visitor? And someone please tell me Comet is open. That's pretty much the whole reason we're making a little detour on our way to New England parks.

I just rode Comet 5 times in a row before closing tonight so I can confirm it was open and running well.

The Alpine Bobsled was closed due to "incliment weather" even though there was no rain all day.

IMG_20180728_202820.thumb.jpg.c4f86d2158f8377fd53fbe8a2bdd3868.jpg

In other news, they're now the self-proclaimed cleanest park in NY and friendliest park in the Northeast. Not sure how Six Flags New England feels about that last one considering they were a Golden Ticket runner up in that category recently.

IMG_20180728_211642.thumb.jpg.e938732b4e30c8ae52c5cb346d0248eb.jpg

IMG_20180728_211706.thumb.jpg.3a4ff9d14aff6db2a702652a868f3f9c.jpg

The noise coming off of Go Carts is a lot, too. A good Wild Mouse would even make a fine replacement for Alpine Bobsleds though that area is such a huge space if Bobsled and the Go Carts were to be removed, but I don't think Six Flags are as eager to remove their Carts as Cedar Fair are. (I think CF have 3 left)