Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby snoflake15 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:49 am

Won't be rushing to AT for this then. :?r

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:15 am

There are plenty of other good reasons to visit Alton. ;)

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby themightyjack » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 am

Here is a spolier video of the incredibly forceless ABC drop. I think Extremis is more forceful due to the size of the drop (seating 20 people, not 10).

YouTube Videolink

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JAMMYD778 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:07 am

This is a rundown of the attraction which was shown on the local TV news programme. Still over-hyping it.

YouTube Videolink

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby andybarnes84 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Went on the ride a couple of times today. Personal opinion of course, but having read a few spoilers etc I found it to be a great little ride, nothing majorly exciting but well executed given capacity issues. A decent drop actually, very similar to the drop on thirteen, perhaps they have modified the ride since initial opening? Looking forward to the full experience once they get all effects working. I think the ride left a positive impression on me because it's pretty unique, perhaps a little random, but not my worst nightmare :p

Just a note of interest for some, there were many big guys from Merlin HQ (a guess) at the ride for most of the day so there's obviously a lot going on behind the scenes regarding the negative feedback. I think they need to make the point of the ride more obvious, you just don't get enough to time to understand what's going on once you're inside because you never get to see whats attacking you. They really should have spent money on an animatronic alien in the cave screaming at you (which is what I expected) as no one really has an idea what's attacking us. At least with Alien Encounter you had this which made the dark section all the more scary.
Last edited by andybarnes84 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:43 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:58 am

Was there any negative press about how much they overhyped 13? If there was, they obviously didn't learn their lesson. Though the hype probably caused lots of people to visit which leads to increased revenue so if there is no repercussions to this trend from Merlin, I fear it will continue.

Postby Anything » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Thirteen is popular two years on and received moderately favourable feedback from the general public.

The comments regarding this are overwhelmingly negative. The word Nemesis means rollercoaster to the average person and this is simply adding to people's disappointment when they come off.

They've scrimped on a very basic ride system and the experience is just poor because of tight fistedness with theming and poor acting direction etc.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Anything wrote:Thirteen is popular two years on and received moderately favourable feedback from the general public.

The comments regarding this are overwhelmingly negative. The word Nemesis means rollercoaster to the average person and this is simply adding to people's disappointment when they come off.

They've scrimped on a very basic ride system and the experience is just poor because of tight fistedness with theming and poor acting direction etc.

I'm very sorry to hear about all the negative feedback. It seems like this ride system could be much better utilized with other themes...at other Merlin parks...

Th13teen => to Polar Xplorer

Sub Terra => to ???
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Postby Anything » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 am

I'm not sure it can be compared to anything, certainly not in the UK. It could have worked with more time, effort and money thrown at it. The idea is brilliant I think, but the execution has been rushed and poorly thought out.

Random stuff and poop

Postby spinning man » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:52 am

Alton towers have realesed the SW7 site.

http://www.altontowers.com/2013/

A screen shot I took. Would be nice for a screensaver.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!