TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

It is an odd theme really - there could have been plenty of names for the ride in keeping with the story they wanted that are not associated with the corny movie of the same name.

One of the first things the UK press did was associate it with the movie. For the park marketing department to then have to correct them, I am not sure why they didn't come up with an original name in the first place.

Still, can't wait to ride.

Wicker Man is NOT based off of the films of the same name!! It is based on the same myths and legends that inspired the films.

No need to shout, young man.

What makes you think I'm shouting? My text was in large and bold. It just makes it a bit easier to see and emphasises my point. I do apologise if it came off that way.

But yeah, I agree with what Baffles is saying on the name. The park brought all this confusion on themselves in naming it what they did. Nevertheless, I'm sure in time we'll get used to it.

Wicker Man is NOT based off of the films of the same name!! It is based on the same myths and legends that inspired the films.

No need to shout, young man.

What makes you think I'm shouting? My text was in large and bold. It just makes it a bit easier to see and emphasises my point. I do apologise if it came off that way.

But yeah, I agree with what Baffles is saying on the name. The park brought all this confusion on themselves in naming it what they did. Nevertheless, I'm sure in time we'll get used to it.

It's quite clever really when you think about it. Because a lot of people are aware of the movies they are just going to assume it is based on them. So they basically have all the benefits of an IP, without actually having to pay for one.