Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

P. 75: Plans filed for a B&M in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:22 am

Well, it's official, they're completely nuts.

Seriously though, that looks absolutely awesome. It's like the Tivoli Daemon of inverts. :)
This is loud, this is cold, this is endless and I know, growing up has just begun.

Yellowcard 1997-2017

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:25 am

WOW!!! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

That looks like a great ride! I like the layout, and the interactions with the surrounding buildings should provide an awesome experience! Let's hope it becomes a reality! =)

For those who are not familiar with Gröna Lund I added a picture of the area as it currently looks. And some people claim that certain parks don't have space to build new coasters.... :roll:
GrönaLund.jpg

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:59 am

Holy shitballs!

Not sure yet if I approve or not. I think Twister already ruined a lot of the old atmosphere. Oh well, everything has it's time I suppose.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Olov » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:23 am

Looks like it'll feature an underground station, so I guess we'll see a lot of digging in 2018 which might be why they'll somehow hide the construction area with this temporary attraction in 2019.
So now with this B&M inverter they have relocated the tall and noisy attractions from the old expansion plans to fit within the existing park where the zoning plan already allow for such attractions.
As for the new expansion plans it's schedule that the public consultation will take part in the first quarter of 2017. I wonder what kind of park this new area will be, perhaps it'll be the new calmer Tyrolen area? Also with the expansion there'll be new office space, workshops and staff rooms so I wonder what'll happen to the current building where such facilities are located today. I also think it's nice that they'll continue to improve on the boardwalk and expand it further up along the seaside of the park with this new B&M coaster. That's what I liked most about the Twister, I don't see it ruined the old atmosphere but it added something else, a classic boardwalk area.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:54 am

I'm sure it'll be cool, but I feel like you can only put so many track-based attractions above guests' heads before the park as a whole becomes overwhelming.

Also, is that another Junior Immelmann?
A new urban amusement park? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my portfolio on Wordpress!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby PVA62 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:15 am

That's insane...I was going to comment on how tiny the space is for the new drop ride, and now a B&M? Dang Grona Lund..you crazy! I'd love to get out there someday, what a unique park.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:34 am

Olov wrote:So now with this B&M inverter they have relocated the tall and noisy attractions from the old expansion plans to fit within the existing park where the zoning plan already allow for such attractions.

The ride would obviously been much better at the parking lot, but I do find it really hilarious that the bitching neighbors (who freely chose to move next to an amusement park who has been there for soon 150 years...) will end up with the same ride next to them anyway :lmao:

Olov wrote:As for the new expansion plans it's schedule that the public consultation will take part in the first quarter of 2017. I wonder what kind of park this new area will be, perhaps it'll be the new calmer Tyrolen area?

From the little I've heard it's going to be focused on both indoors an outdoors. Pure speculation would be that they are creating a new outside area on top of an indoor area that is digged down into the ground. The basement is too valuable IMO to create a parking garage (besides, almost all of the visitors come without cars nowadays).
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:49 am

Gotdamn I gotta get to Europe. This park is outta pocket.
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:13 am

Holy crap that's awesome.

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 am

They're crazy, Iove it!!
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!