Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

P. 75: Plans filed for a B&M in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Postby StealthFan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:25 pm

SharkTums wrote:YES!!!!!

Such an amazing ride and it will be so great in this location!!!!

I dont think it could have been said any better than this. I am surprised its taken a park so long to buy one of these after Falcons Fury. This now gives me another awesome thing to ride due to me and Insane not getting on very well!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm suspecting that we may see a future relocation of either the 2nd gen drop tower or the S&S tower or maybe even both.

Skara is in need of a new major attraction, and Parks and Resorts have communicated that they will need to make a major investment there soon. Also Kolmården will probably need more rides to entertain all the new visitors that Wildfire will bring in, but it's hard to see them get a permission for a tower ride within the next few years. Maybe even Furuvik could be considered.

Is there any park that have relocated a 2nd gen Intamin drop tower?
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Johnlloyd » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:04 pm

_koppen wrote:

Yes, Superman: Tower of Power at Six Flags St. Louis was relocated from Six Flags AstroWorld after the park closed in 2005. It seems to be the only Intamin Drop Tower that I'm aware of that has been relocated. It'll be neat to see what happens to either the S&S power tower or the Intamin drop tower. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby XII » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:58 am

Awesome! This ride looks great and it just gives me yet another reason to go back to Grona Lund, which I just absolutely love. =)
Just because yours is smaller doesn't make you less of a man. Unless we're talking about your brain.
http://www.incrediblecoasters.com

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby alejon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:07 am

_koppen wrote:I'm suspecting that we may see a future relocation of either the 2nd gen drop tower or the S&S tower or maybe even both.

Skara is in need of a new major attraction, and Parks and Resorts have communicated that they will need to make a major investment there soon. Also Kolmården will probably need more rides to entertain all the new visitors that Wildfire will bring in, but it's hard to see them get a permission for a tower ride within the next few years. Maybe even Furuvik could be considered.

Not that it should matter that much, but isn't the actual tower of Fritt Fall really old? As far as I remember it's a converted observation tower that opened in 1966.

And a bit unrelated, Parks & Resorts stated that Furuvik will be getting a new ride for 2017 as early as April. They will reveal what it is during this summer.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:42 am

Johnlloyd wrote:
_koppen wrote:

Yes, Superman: Tower of Power at Six Flags St. Louis was relocated from Six Flags AstroWorld after the park closed in 2005. It seems to be the only Intamin Drop Tower that I'm aware of that has been relocated. It'll be neat to see what happens to either the S&S power tower or the Intamin drop tower. :)

Pitt Fall @ Kennywood? Don't know if it has been rebuilt elsewhere or not, this is the only information available on wikipedia.

In June 2011, it was put for sale and was bought in early September to an undisclosed buyer.

But yes, I would not be surprised if this were to be followed by the removal of one of the other towers (obviously not the StarFlyer).

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby alejon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:15 pm

I managed to stumble upon this article by SVT (Swedish public broadcasting company)
It's in Swedish, but what it says is basically that Gröna Lund has applied with a new plan to develop the parking lot and that it will be discussed in the city planning board of Stockholm now.

The plan is to have 2-3 stories tall buildings in classical style around the perimeter with a parking garage underground. Inside of the buildings there will be rides etc. The process of planning everything, including letting everyone have an opinion on the plans is supposed to take about two years. Gröna Lund hopes that the new area will open at around 2020-2021.

Postby _koppen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:52 pm

alejon wrote:I managed to stumble upon this article by SVT (Swedish public broadcasting company)
It's in Swedish, but what it says is basically that Gröna Lund has applied with a new plan to develop the parking lot and that it will be discussed in the city planning board of Stockholm now.

The plan is to have 2-3 stories tall buildings in classical style around the perimeter with a parking garage underground. Inside of the buildings there will be rides etc. The process of planning everything, including letting everyone have an opinion on the plans is supposed to take about two years. Gröna Lund hopes that the new area will open at around 2020-2021.

That is ridiculously great news!!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:14 am

I was at Asian Attraction Show and this is what Intamin showed at their booth.

Photo taken with Intamin employee's permission.
image.jpeg

Postby _koppen » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:24 am

What a magnificent beast it will be!
No. 1 Water Park guy!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!