Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 651: 2015 Thunderbird Launched B&M Wing Rider Announced!
Users viewing this topic: DrachenFire2, TheMaxster, x2isawesome and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:00 am

^ It will also get PTC trains, which is something a lot of the other steel structured CCI's didn't have. In fact, the only ones I can think of are New Mexico Rattler and Silver Comet and those both held up pretty well!

--Robb

CoastinKatie

Postby CoastinKatie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:19 am

Doesn't Shivering Timber's have PTC's? I don't mind the G-Trains, the work with Villain, and they track better, but whatever TGG says I'll go with it.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jonathan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:25 am

^ Shivering Timbers is wood structured.

I don't mind the Gerstlauers myself, but PTCs will make for a much more re-rideable coaster I'm sure.

^^ Off the top of my head, I know that Cornball Express and Hoosier Hurricane both have PTCs, and are also both still running extremely well. Much smaller coasters than The Voyage, though.

On the other side of the camera

Postby WillMontu » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:30 am

I believe Great White counts also. Steel CCI, runs PTC's
http://www.themeparkreview.com/pa2004/ww/ww3.htm

Morey's wooden coaster is the "Great White." It was running really well when we were there!

This is a 'classic' ocean front wooden coaster. A little rougher than when it was first built, but still a lot of fun!

this profile is filmed in

Postby Dr Freeze » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:01 pm

location?
So would the path to Thanksgiving Land be just past the "tilt-a-whirl" ride? (I forget what they call theirs)

"turkey-chase-themed interactive "dark ride,"

This sounds like a laser gun dark ride to me.

Anyone else thinks the name kinda sucks? "The Voyage" just sounds like some history channel documentary to me. But I can't think of a better alternative - there aren't many alternatives if you want it Thanksgiving themed. Turkey Terror? Pilgrim's Plight? Since there are 3 trains I think they should name them Nino, Pinto, and Santa Maria.
[/url]
"For a writer its a word. For a musician its a note. For an editor its a frame."
- Quentin Tarantino

check out Mr. Yeti's Adventures

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:05 pm

After looking at those videos, and all the pictures, I think we can safely say that this might be one of the greatest coasters ever, and this is coming from a guy who just got back from CP. I have to plan a trip to HW now...
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:14 pm

Dr Freeze wrote:Anyone else thinks the name kinda sucks? "The Voyage"

You know, I recall people saying the same thing about "The Legend" when it was first announced....

--Robb

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:16 pm

DragonKhan wrote:
It is not the first time NL was used for such a presentation. It's been done quite a few times before. The Vekoma Motorbike coaster or the Gerstlauer Vertical Drop Coasters jump to my minds right now...

True, but then a versions was quickly released afterwards, and it was the same quality as the current nolimits. The videos for Turkey-Trip have a much better quality of 3-d rendering than the current nolimits, just look at the trees. If there's a pro version, I wanna get my hands on it. :)

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:33 pm

Another location diagram.

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/files/hw_voyageplacement.jpg

Ok ... so i got bored at lunch.
Ted

Sexiest Lips in South Carolina!

Postby Homey G. » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:12 pm

Ted, I'll take that bet if you want about whether that straight track will have any sort of braking device on it.

Name the wager. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!