Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby JT325 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:49 am

^Yes please. Or an expanded Halloween, as spinning jacks or something. Or Christmas, etc.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 pm

JT325 wrote:
ragerunner1 wrote:might just set them up for a new ride in Christmas in 2020

Or a new ride somewhere else. These classic Heart Flip rides are great, awesome to look at and fun for the whole family. Also, super rare. Nothing like a restored classic :lover:

heart.jpg
5718930311_e097cf42ac.jpg

Speaking of new rides, I have a feeling we all have our long wish lists. Skyride, Schwarzkopf-esque looper or speed racer (classic trains for both, please), Large-scale train ride, whole park mini-train, family friendly haunted house, classic and large scale ferris wheel. Dreaming is free :lmao:

Watkins made some fun rides, but the aesthetics are very carny. Are these rides even made anyone, who owns the rights to the old Watkins rides? The manufacturer was at different times named Hi Lite Watkins Venture Rides. I tried to look up it online quickly but couldn't find the answer on the first two pages of my search.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:14 am

^I'm really not sure of the details, it's all fuzzy. But I do know that if a park really wants a ride, or a ride part - brand new and identical to the originals, they can get them. It costs money, but it can happen.

As for the carny aesthetic you mention, I agree partly, but that can turn to awesomeness and *charm* with nice fencing or a little scenery/greenery. It's all in the presentation. I've seen total carnival rides look great in a park (Bay Beach, Knoebels, Indiana Beach (pre-2009)); I've also seen them look junky/carny (think large circle loop).
#CPFrontierLift2019

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!