Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1192: New entertainment offerings coming for 2018 season!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby JJLehto » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 pm

JT325 wrote:One more thing I forgot... there was lightning close to the park Saturday night, cutting into ERT. The park went above and beyond by extending ERT after midnight. I don't know what time it went until but I was still riding Voyage at 12:35am.

Also, the Water Cup Challenge on Legend was a blast!

Oh that explains it! We were about to bolt at 12 after our "last" ride but saw people were still getting on so we did one more. I didn't know they extended it! Though personally it was such an epic weekend (I did KI and KK as well) I was beat and ready to call it a trip.
It was both awesome and terrifying riding voyage with the lightning, it seemed quite close at times and racing through the pitch black with lightning flashes over head...that was an experience.

I cant attest to the past but at least as of this past weekend, I really didn't find Voyage that bad at all. It was not smooth, but it wasn't terribly rough, both Legend and esp Raven were worse. Esp with the trims on, I was able to do 4 in a row and felt fine. A little rattled but way better than the trim-less rides, which were awesome but that second half was borderline too wild. By the end of ERT my back was sore.
Top 10: Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Maverick
2018 Parks: Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby mckayj93 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:36 am

I was in charge of a group of 40 people visiting Holiday World yesterday. I haven't been in over a decade. Raven was the only coaster I did before, so even though I knew I'd be tied up a lot being the group leader, I was excited for some new rides. First the park was clean and well landscaped. It wasn't quite Herschend or Busch level but was very nice. A lot of my mental comparisons were to Dollywood as I consider it my home park, even though Holiday World is the same distance from home. Employees in general were great. Food service, tickets, lifeguards were all top notch. Thunderbird was insane. The launch was way stronger than it looked from the ground. It also was the best themed coaster. My only other wing rider is Wild Eagle, and I feel that I can't pick one over the other as they are very different rides. The water park was one of the best- Mammoth is hands down the best water ride I have ever been on. I only had one chance to ride the three woodies, they were all good, Legend was my least favorite of the 3. Raven is still one of the best wooden coasters out there. I really liked Voyage, but with only one ride on it I can't really say too much more yet, need to go back again and experience it more. Great park!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/df16b4157457c4e34f35035a174d6293.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:13 am

JT325 wrote:My favorite geeky quote from some dude during last night’s ERT “Voyage eats RMC for breakfast!” (Just having fun, we all love RMC too!)

JJLehto wrote:Ha yeah on voyage ert i heard "who needs steel vengeance!?"

My money is on these quotes being from TPR's very own poster, Turtle Wax! :lmao:

I love The Voyage, and it's my favorite wooden coaster (and yes, night rides are surreal!), but I still think SV beats it without question! To each their own though...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:01 pm

I love The Voyage, but Steel Vengeance is by far and above the better ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 pm

I like Voyage better than Outlaw Run and a lot better than Goliath...compared to all RMCs, though, it's a tougher call and my favorites of their steel might well come out a bit ahead.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:22 pm

If you’re riding the crap out of a coaster at night with your friends, having a great time and you’re hyping it up a bit in the moment then I totally get that. I don’t know how much we need to analyze the guy’s statement :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 pm

^The funny thing is, if it's the guy I mentioned above, he was posting those same feelings on his Facebook (we're longtime friends, after first meeting through a Coaster Fansite) the next day, after riding SV! :lol: Different strokes for different folks though... I DO love The Voyage - just not more than SV!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JJLehto » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 pm

I mean, I know this is not an enthusiast thing to say :lmao: I try not to nick pick. Im a nerd, I like ranking stuff and numbers, and thats just how I am, and its a fun way for me to kill some time, but in all reality SV vs Voyage and all that, whatever. When they're good they're good.

No doubt voyage night ride though, eats and defecates out beast. That was fun and all, but wowzers. Besides the intensity I think Voyage was even darker. Getting whipped around that spaghetti bowl in near pitch darkness was something else.
Top 10: Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Maverick
2018 Parks: Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:43 pm

For anyone like myself who enjoys CoasterDynamix's roller coaster models, Holiday World recently added a Thunderbird NanoCoaster and Voyage NanoCoaster to their online shop, each for $34.99.

DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby hendrixmarshalljames » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Honestly - we bailed on holiwood nights after being held prisoner (well after the posted time) when the lightning (About 40 miles away) rolled in. Out of 4 rides, 2 of which are barely over a minute or just under, 1 is unridable, and the other is just so - overrated. We drove 9 hours to go to Carowinds, sacrificed our second day passes and overpriced lodging to do it.

So worth it. We ain't going back for a long time.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!