Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Pg. 1150- Firecracker (a Calypso) being restored and added
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby EliHorton » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:17 am

Diamondbacker27 wrote:I don't think I can say I've ever worn different colored shoes. :lol:

It doesn't look as weird as you think. I mean they are Converse, they all look the same. It isn't like wearing two different brand of shoes or two different styles. It is like the rails of Joker at Discovery Kingdom and the Joker free fly clones.

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:50 am

EliHorton wrote:
Diamondbacker27 wrote:I don't think I can say I've ever worn different colored shoes. :lol:

It doesn't look as weird as you think. I mean they are Converse, they all look the same. It isn't like wearing two different brand of shoes or two different styles. It is like the rails of Joker at Discovery Kingdom and the Joker free fly clones.

I don't think it's a big deal if it's for like a pep rally or you're going to a school game. I wouldn't wear them just on a normal school day though haha. Now, let's get back to Holiday World.
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Midwesterner » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:45 am

Vonni wrote:I was wondering if we should have an announcement for 2018 soon, but then I realized that Firecracker wasn't announced until late October last year so it seems there is still time before an announcement may be happening.

The Firecracker teaser wasn't even released until Nov. 30 last year and official ride name and details weren't released until the first week of January 2017. So I'd say we could have 3-4 more months to wait if it's close to the same scale of ride. If it's bigger, it may come sooner.
(Mayflower was announced at the end of October for 2014.) They really like to draw these things out.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby EliHorton » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Diamondbacker27 wrote:
EliHorton wrote:

I don't think it's a big deal if it's for like a pep rally or you're going to a school game. I wouldn't wear them just on a normal school day though haha. Now, let's get back to Holiday World.

I would do that on school spirit days. We don't really have pep rallies as the principal thinks they are a waste of time so.....
But yeah, back to Holiday World.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:38 pm

tykunkel1031 wrote:you see some of the most "wtf" things once you start working at a park. People get really creative at messing up foolproof systems :|

While there's no doubting that as I've seen people climbing shade canopies and taking their shirts off mid-cycle and throwing them away. If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot. :butt:
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Midwesterner wrote:
Vonni wrote:I was wondering if we should have an announcement for 2018 soon, but then I realized that Firecracker wasn't announced until late October last year so it seems there is still time before an announcement may be happening.

The Firecracker teaser wasn't even released until Nov. 30 last year and official ride name and details weren't released until the first week of January 2017. So I'd say we could have 3-4 more months to wait if it's close to the same scale of ride. If it's bigger, it may come sooner.
(Mayflower was announced at the end of October for 2014.) They really like to draw these things out.

It depends on the magnitude of the ride. If it was something they thought was going to drive season pass sales, they would have announced it already. To me, it seems like the park is still paying off Thunderbird. The Capital they are spending seems to be going all to infrastructure improvements. I believe they're obligated to get the rest of Legend Lot paved or concreted over the next few years and that's not very cheap, especially considering how big that parking lot has become.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:36 am

I'm really curious to see what will end up in the Pilgrim's Plunge spot. It would be nice to see something sooner rather than later.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:39 pm

prozach626 wrote:I'm really curious to see what will end up in the Pilgrim's Plunge spot. It would be nice to see something sooner rather than later.

A third water coaster!

Seriously though, that would be awesome.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Postby Vonni » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:39 pm

^ It really would be

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JT325 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Nice to see Holiday World taking home some 2017 Golden Tickets. No huge surprise, but always good to see! Especially for a fanboy like me.

- Cleanest park (hmmm... but SF Great America keeps claiming this?? Oh SF, you so silly)
- Best water ride
#CPFrontierLift2019

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!