Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Pg. 1150- Firecracker (a Calypso) being restored and added
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Well slightly chilly (by water park standards) temps and partly cloudy kept no one away, lol. It was pretty packed at Splashin Safari and I'm guessing they have the usual post school start water park/pool issues with not enough staff as a couple things were shut down. Lines were averaging a good 30-45 min. OF course it was a holiday weekend, not complaining, I knew it was a risk. But I think if we make any day trips next year, which is a 6 hr round trip we will make sure to go on a weekday to get the most bang for our buck; so to speak.

Rode the 4 coasters before we left. Took us about 2 hours to get all 4 in between 4 pm and 6 pm. And then the boy waxed poetic about Thunderbird. All. The. Way. Home.

Did see 2 things I've never seen before. Wildebeest valleyed. Twice. They had to shut it down, evacuate the stuck , and evacuate the stuck raft. And somehow a woman managed to be on one of the rafts in between the get off and get on point. Where only the boats go under the little gate. I haven't a clue how she managed that, walked up to get in line as they were hauling her but out with a ladder and everyone in line was clapping.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Valleying on a water coaster's not super uncommon, but the one of the woman still on the boat between the unload/load stations... that's a first!

Glad to hear he enjoyed Thunderbird. I certainly love that coaster to the moon and back, too! :)
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby EliHorton » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:33 am

So does anybody know when Holiday World restocks their online store? I want to buy a new Holiday World sweatshirt. I bought a maroon one last December and I just outgrew it. It was great, maroon and gold are my school colors so I would wear the sweatshirt and wear a maroon Converse on my left foot and a gold one on my right.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:58 am

EliHorton wrote:I would wear the sweatshirt and wear a maroon Converse on my left foot and a gold one on my right.

Yep... This does a pretty good job of explaining why I'm 32 years old and still have no children.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 am

prozach626 wrote:
EliHorton wrote:I would wear the sweatshirt and wear a maroon Converse on my left foot and a gold one on my right.

Yep... This does a pretty good job of explaining why I'm 32 years old and still have no children.

:nina:

Ditto.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby teacherkim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 am

Midgetman82 wrote:Valleying on a water coaster's not super uncommon, but the one of the woman still on the boat between the unload/load stations... that's a first!

Glad to hear he enjoyed Thunderbird. I certainly love that coaster to the moon and back, too! :)

I asked several people in line if they saw how it happened, but those around us had all walked up after the fact. If there is an employee out there that knows what happened and can spill the beans; I'm dying to know. It was around 3:30 on Sunday 9/3.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby EliHorton » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:30 pm

prozach626 wrote:

Eh. My friends and I (we're all sixteen) we like to have days where we wear a theme park related shirt (or sweatshirt) on. One of my friends wears an awesome comfort colors shirt she bought from Six Flags Over Georgia when they went over the summer and the other one wears a t shirt that her mother bought a while ago at Six Flags Great America when they still lived in Chicago.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Sigh. Only three years until my oldest is a teenager.... Not looking forward to this sh*t.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:58 pm

I don't think I can say I've ever worn different colored shoes. :lol:
Wood-19
Steel- 67
Total- 86

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby tykunkel1031 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Deleted
Last edited by tykunkel1031 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 pm.
10: Manta (SWO) 9: Diamondback 8: Skyrush 7: El Toro 6: Gatekeeper 5: Maverick 4: Thunderbird 3: Banshee 2: Storm Chaser 1: Lightning Rod
Yes, I love wing coasters.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!