Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1192: New entertainment offerings coming for 2018 season!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:10 pm

CoasterGuy06 wrote:I'm interested in seeing the new control systems for the three wooden coasters. Refreshing to see a park trying to increase capacity even more!

Me too! Little things like that can really add up.

Random question: does Voyage usually run two trains or three?
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:21 pm

The Voyage only has two trains now.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BigBad » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:36 pm

CoasterGuy06 wrote:The Voyage only has two trains now.
Then do they need the MCBR?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Yes. That's the one chance to breathe.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby mark549 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:00 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/09/santa-claus-indiana-gets-20000-letters-a-year-and-elves-reply-to-all-of-them

Santa Claus, Indiana gets 20,000 letters a year – and 'elves' reply to all of them

Every year, this little town is inundated with letters addressed to Santa Claus, and since 1914 volunteers have written back with personal replies

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Apollo von Sol » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Hello Paula,

Just saw your video update on Facebook of your work on the Voyage. As a deaf person, I just wanted to say thanks to Holiday World for your efforts to subtitle the video, it makes a world of difference to me to be able to understand what's being said in the video and that it didn't go unnoticed. Not many companies today subtitle their videos due to the additional work required. I actually visited Holiday World from Minnesota for my Bachelor's party for the first time this year with three other deaf friends and we were pleasantly surprised to see someone who knew sign language at guest service and they were very friendly to us! You made our trip very memorable for us and we enjoyed your park, the Voyage became my #1 wooden roller coaster! Thanks again for your fantastic customer service in and out of the park!

Postby Raven Maven » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:25 am

^ Thank you so much for posting this - I'll be sure to share it with our staff. We'll take very good care of Voyage for you! :)
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

Postby prozach626 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:50 pm

Just to add to Apollo's praise, this park has the best customer service I've yet to experience in the industry. It seems like they take everything into consideration. My friend lost his phone on Thunderbird's roll. Despite dealing with this 100 times a week, the lost and found staff was very friendly and they acted concerned. He filled out the contact information form and purchased a new phone, writing it up as a loss. A week later, his phone arrived in the mail. Holiday World took the liberty of shipping his phone to his home and ate the cost of shipping, without even taking it up with the owner.

I can only imagine how friendly Beer Man would be if the park were to give him a chance. :(

Speaking of which, Paula, have you guys ever considered doing any kind of a beer, wine, food, and/or music festival? I'm not one of the types who's making a suggestion and inferring that I could improve your business strategy, but I'm just genuinely curious if it has ever been discussed. Granted, I'm sure the local county laws and ordinances have a ton to do with alcoholic beverage sales.

Postby Raven Maven » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm

^ Thanks for sharing that story. I had my own odd experience with a cell phone and blogged about it (eek! a decade ago!).

It's a good reminder not to take phones on our coasters. Because in addition to being dangerous to yourself and others, this sort of thing happens:

Regarding your question about different events, we've experimented with several over the years. The ones that "stuck" so far are Rock the World and HoliWood Nights.
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:44 pm

I still get a kick out of how they handled telling riders about not carrying loose items on Coaster....
IMG_6542c.JPG
Unfortunately, they kept it up for only a couple of seasons.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!