TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I used to really enjoy the podcasts back when they first came out, and I really appreciate the effort the team puts in to making them, but I have just found it so difficult to sit for over an hour and listen. Maybe on long plane or car rides, but those aren't too often. If they were 20-30 minutes, I would be all over them (it's SO cool that they do podcasts). But when they're an hour+, I loose interest after a little bit. They really are interesting though, and you get to learn all about the park and what they have up their sleeves for the season.

Sorry folks, it IS boring, LOL. As a matter of fact I lucked out because I did skip ahead and landed on the part of the discussion where they were talking about the Timberliners.

I didn't listen to the whole thing....I swear

Man, I did not think that talking about roller coasters could not get any more uncool, but after watching that video...

Not only are they boring, but what Mike said. Pod Casts are well beyond my nerd tolerances.

Podcasts, in general, go a little too far beyond my attention span for me to keep up with them, unfortunately. The only long-format videos I tend to watch online are vlogs or livestreams of things I'm interested in, and those tend to be max 40 minute range. For long drives, I typically prefer to listen to music the entire time. It could be a topic I'm extremely interested in, but usually if it's just people having a conversation about it then I tend to mentally tune out at a certain point, unintentionally.

Holiday World's podcast, in particular, is a pretty interesting one that I like and they do a fantastic job at maintaining it in high quality too. I like hearing about little details inside and outside of the park and of people of interest. I just wish I was able to keep my mind from drifting off of listening to it (or any other podcast) for long enough.

^They have a chemistry like no one! They have created something really fun there! I look forward to that show every 2 weeks; usually listen in my car.

I've subscribed to other coaster and park podcasts in the past, but they never have the staying power. Or are overly annoying and acting-outy.

• 2 weeks later...

Holiday World just posted on Twitter 3 photos of them unloading something (covered in plastic) from a truck with the caption "What's in the Truck?.

Looks like a 2018 new addition..possibly the waterpark, but could be a dry ride.

I think Paula mentioned that she was partial to Valentines day. I like this idea. A tunnel of love ride would be fun. HW could use another indoor ride. Ohhh! How about a Cupid shooting dark ride? Cupid gets sick and you have to fill in for him on Valentines day by shooting laser arrows at people to make them fall in love.

I'm all for this.

How about one of those new "hand motion" activated dark rides (like Ninjago at Legoland) where you get a box of candy hearts and the goal is "push" away into a virtual trash can the disgusting white ones as quickly as possible. Whoever rids the earth of the most white hearts wins!

^ No arrows, though, depicting violence.

We'd refer to them as "Heart Callers."

Think of what would happen if you posted a video of those on Facebook considering what happened when you posted videos of the fireworks. That was the hardest I ever laughed while listening to the podcast.

I went to Holiday World for the first time the other day, and WOW! My expectations were high, and Holiday World exceeded every expectation. It is such a WONDERFUL park! One thing I noticed is that every employee looked happy, they looked like they wanted to be there, and they were all so friendly! On every ride I went on, the operators were walking around offering to grab bags for guests, and sometimes they would even take them back to the guests as soon as the ride was over! And most of them would interact or talk with guests! And operations were very quick, too. The park was also VERY clean, probably the cleanest park I've seen! I didn't see any trash on the ground in the park, and the one time I saw someone toss an empty cup on the ground, one of the sweepers came over immediately and picked it up. I thought the food that I had was great, I had pizza and some fudge and I thought they were both great and cheap! Now on to the rides. I rode all the flat rides in the park, and my favorite flats were either Scarecrow Scrambler, Hallowswings, Firecracker, or Eagles Flight. The water rides in their dry park were outstanding! Raging Rapids got my soaked and I love the buildings they have at the end. Frightful Falls was definitely my favorite of the two, it got you wet enough, but not too wet. And I love those slight downhill sections. Now to the coasters. You know a park has a good lineup when you can't decide which is your favorite. Thunderbird was very forceful, I felt like I was graying out in the loop! It was my first wing coaster and I love it! The Raven, I didn't know what to expect, I heard some say it is rough and overrated and some that say it is one of the best wooden coasters. I thought it was really smooth in the front, and I really loved it! There was a bit of airtime and the laterals were very strong, but it is still probably my least favorite of the woodies. Voyage is wonderful! It is VERY smooth in the front and it had so much airtime! Plus I felt like I was hanging out of my seat on the ninety degree turns! It is in my top four wooden coasters, but I can't decide where to place it in there. But my favorite wooden roller coaster at Holiday World is the Legend. WOW! It just felt so out of control! It was fast, smooth, had four great airtime moments, and the laterals! Oh my LORD! My favorite part of the ride is the last half with the helix, double down, and those corners of death. I just have nothing but great things to say about it! I rode it probably twelve times! I can't decide if it is number three, two or one on my top four woodie list! Overall, Holiday World is my favorite amusement park. I'm so grateful I live only six and a half hours away in Springfield, Missouri.