Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: Habreno and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby XYZ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Being like Disney? You mean having stuff closed and not repaired for years on end, focusing on non-theme-park properties, and not adding rides? I'd stick with Universal method of adding rides and attractions and non-theme-park properties.

------------

robbalvey wrote:
coasterfreak101 wrote:I just fail to see the point in complaining about Six Flags' methods. There are very, very clearly two trains of thought on how to spend in the coaster industry: there's the Disney/Universal model that companies like Herschend and even the Knoebel and Koch families follow on a smaller scale (quality, not quanity) and there's the Six Flags/Cedar Fair model that big chains follow because it's the easiest way to dole out attractions year after year (quantity, not quality).

Here's why I think people complain about Six Flags...

Anyone who has followed this business for any length of time (5 years or more) has seen Six Flags go from high highs to low lows, back up again, back down again, etc, etc...

I can't think of any other US chain who has had such contrasts in direction that comes all the way from it's most senior management.

We've all seen the "good years" at Six Flags, and I'll be honest, they were actually pretty decent. What we are seeing now is a shadow of their former self. Some years are better than others, but it hasn't been "great" in recent years.

People complain because all the want is for Six Flags to be "decent" again. They aren't asking for the parks to be Disney or Universal, we just want them to "suck a little bit less" than they have in the past couple of years.

I've had some of my worst experiences with Six Flags in 2012 and 2013 and I'm spending upwards of $100,000 with this company! I have every right to be pissed and complain!!! And so do the people who walk in spending $20 or $50. At the end of the day, we spend our money at the places that we feel we get the most value out of. I *like* Six Flags, but I used to like them a lot more. And all I want is to go back to that. I want to be able to like them more than I do right now.

And because everything is cyclical, I'm sure we'll eventually see another buy-out, another wave of senior management, and another change for hopefully better in the near future.

That's why people complain about Six Flags and I fully agree with it.

--Robb

I 100% agree with this. The reason why I complain about SFMM so much is because I really want it to be great.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Where was the Haunted Castle located?

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:15 pm

^^This. All our gripes and moans are for what we hope could better the parks and get them to their former glory.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Vonni wrote:Where was the Haunted Castle located?

From what I gathered it seemed it was in or near Movie Town.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:28 am

It was in Old Country where the Autobahn building is.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:27 am

Dr. M wrote:
netdvn wrote:If you truly have a vendetta against Great Adventure and their operations/clientele/atmosphere, then quit spending your money there and take trips to other parks instead. No point in doing business with a park that makes you unhappy right?

Nobody's forcing you to go and I'm fine with one less person in line for Toro and Ka.

It happens that El Toro is my #1 ride overall, if there was somewhere else I could go to ride it, trust me, I would. Nitro and Batman also make it worth the trip.

I just wanted to take a day to let these couple of lines settle for me.

So you are saying that those multimillions of improvements that were put in to rides make it worth visiting the park?

Game. Set. Match. Won by Hercules.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dr. M » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:48 am

Hercules wrote:
Dr. M wrote:
netdvn wrote:If you truly have a vendetta against Great Adventure and their operations/clientele/atmosphere, then quit spending your money there and take trips to other parks instead. No point in doing business with a park that makes you unhappy right?

Nobody's forcing you to go and I'm fine with one less person in line for Toro and Ka.

It happens that El Toro is my #1 ride overall, if there was somewhere else I could go to ride it, trust me, I would. Nitro and Batman also make it worth the trip.

I just wanted to take a day to let these couple of lines settle for me.

So you are saying that those multimillions of improvements that were put in to rides make it worth visiting the park?

Game. Set. Match. Won by Hercules.

Oh yeah, because I forgot that a park can have nice rides, and it can have nice atmosphere and operations, but it absolutely can not have both of those things at the same time. HERP-A DERP DERP!

And repeatedly patronizing a business means your right to complain about its service is automatically revoked.

At least, I think. To be honest I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Go read Robb Alvey's post, he summed up what I'm trying to say very nicely and maybe you'll listen to him since he owns the site.

People just like to complain. It seems to be the majority of human nature. I can't stand it. Just be happy. If you don't like something, then don't frequent it. It isn't going to change.

Man, if you don't like to hear people complaining, get the $^%# off the internet. If you feel strongly about something, say, amusement parks, then it stands to reason that you're going to lavish what you like with exaggerated praise, and deride what you dislike with exaggerated hatred. "Just be happy"? Why should I just be happy? Six Flags used to be better than it is now, meaning "it isn't going to change" is totally wrong, it very well might change. I'm not complaining about how tall Mt. Everest is, here.
-Dr. M

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:15 pm

^ Dude. I'm just busting your nuts. I completely agree with Robb. I'm just giving you a hard time. No hard feelings.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Hercules wrote:^ Dude. I'm just busting your nuts. I completely agree with Robb. I'm just giving you a hard time. No hard feelings.

Jay - we need to go to the park again together so you can see a line cutter punch me in the face again. :lol:
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dr. M » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Hercules wrote:^ Dude. I'm just busting your nuts. I completely agree with Robb. I'm just giving you a hard time. No hard feelings.

Too late, I hate you forever. :butt:
-Dr. M

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!