Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 890 - placement and name of new ride tweaked
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:02 pm

marocg wrote:when they will release a new map?

If I have some spare time tonight I'll scan the 2012 Park Map and add it to the Park Index.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Love Donkeys!

Postby marocg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:55 pm

thanks !!!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:01 pm

larrygator wrote:
marocg wrote:when they will release a new map?

If I have some spare time tonight I'll scan the 2012 Park Map and add it to the Park Index.

Here you go, 2012 Park Map!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby kylexy2298 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:21 pm

RideofSteel wrote:^ The day was pretty good. But did you see park maps stuck in the sticky stuff? There was two or three in it yesterday.

Also, does anyone know then the third trains will be ready?

Are you talking about Green Lantern? If so, then I hope that train gets on a truck and makes its way back to the park it originally came from, Six Flags Magic Mountain! ;) But in seriousness, is the train from The Riddler's Revenge supposed to come back to California?

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 pm

^Why would they send it back? The two-year-old ride at Great Adventure needs it to handle the crowds plenty more than the almost 15-year-old one tucked away in the back of Magic Mountain. I was there in June and the thing didn't have more than a station wait, but I've yet to see Green Lantern die down to less than at least a half hour, and that's on a slow day.
Last Ride: El Toro (SFGAdv)
Next Ride: Skyrush (HP)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby MrSum1_55 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:04 am

^Because SFMM can run only one train on Riddler's for several months out of the year, wheras SFGAdv can run three trains the entire year. Now, SFMM probably needs a third train just as much as SFGAdv does. It really annoys a lot of people to have a 2 hour wait with one train running. While Great Adventure can easily pull 1500 per hour, SFMM struggles to hit 500 per hour, and usually gets much lower than that.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Parallax » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:32 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:^Because SFMM can run only one train on Riddler's for several months out of the year, wheras SFGAdv can run three trains the entire year. Now, SFMM probably needs a third train just as much as SFGAdv does. It really annoys a lot of people to have a 2 hour wait with one train running. While Great Adventure can easily pull 1500 per hour, SFMM struggles to hit 500 per hour, and usually gets much lower than that.

Great Adventure cannot pull off 1500 per hour with 3 trains. Running two trains they were averaging 600 riders per hour so I doubt that one more train would do that much. Even during the summer last year with 3 trains the capacity was low. The ride was at least a 2 hour wait from the one hour mark sign on the queue.
The greatest threat the Corps ever faced was Parallax, an entity that fed on the yellow energy of fear.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby MrSum1_55 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:03 pm

^Hourly capacity= (3600/per second dispatch rate)*number of people a train can hold. Green Lantern is just over two minutes long, but let's assume 2:30 just to be safe (actually, this is the length RCDB has listed). This means that, running two trains, the capacity of Green Lantern is at least 672 per hour. However, with a third train, the MCBR is located about 90 seconds into the course. If the trains can dispatch right as the MCBR is cleared, the capacity is increased to 1120 per hour. Riddler's Revenge's has a duration very similar to GL's, but has a higher theoretical capacity due to having 8-car trains. SFGAdv may need their third train more in the summer months, but SFMM definitely needs the third train in the winter months; SFGAdv can manage 90-150 second dispatches, while, during the winter months, SFMM gets about one train loaded every 4-6 minutes.

When I visited in August, all three trains were running, and were being cycled very consistently. I believe the ride was being run to its full capacity, whether it is 1100 or 1500. Right next to GL, Superman had to deal with 4-5 minute dispatches with two trains. I can probably say that there will come a year when SFMM will need their train more than SFGAdv does. Maybe now now, but this will probably be true a few years down the road.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Something else not helping the capacity is the single rider being closed a lot. It has been closed all 3 trips I have taken to the park this year and was closed during my last 2 trips at the end of last season. I see at least a few spots every train going out empty.

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Just caught the first Great Adventure advertisement on Travel Channel. The only two rides it mentions by name are Nitro and Sky Screamer, but it also had shots of Kingda Ka, El Toro... and an SLC :roll: Looks like it really is theme park season!
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

https://soundcloud.com/jonurban

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!