Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Even with Platinum Flash Pass that’s a tall order. A few tips:

Ride Ka first if it’s open since it’s an unreliable POS. The front is the best by far, but since you’re pretty much whoring the park, ride in row 2. It’ll suck but it’ll have the shortest line.

Luckily the best row on Toro is one from the back and it won’t have a long wait. Everyone clogs up the front of the train because they’re stupid.

Save Dark Knight for last. It takes awhile since there’s a preshow and if you miss it, who cares? :lol:

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:45 am

OmnipotentSeal wrote:I will visiting six flags great adventure for the first time ever on July 25th (a Wednesday) but unfortunately I only can visit for the last 2-4 hours of the park being open. I am getting a platinum flash pass so I can ride every coaster (hopefully multiple times). I was wondering if someone in this discussion thread knows when they start to close the lines for the rides and which ones typically have the longest lines. Also I would appreciate any tips about the park. Thanks!

Just to put things in perspective, this past Tuesday night the park had no crowds, in just under two hours we managed
3 rides on Nitro
2 on El Toro and
1 ride each on Kingda Ka, Runaway Mine Train, Bizarro, and Sky Way. We were lucky due to the extreme heat the crowds stayed away. We didn't rush but we had absolutely no waits outside of a 5-7 minute wait for the front row @ Toro. Everything else was a walk-on or one train wait.

So realistically, unless you are sprinting from ride to ride with Platinum FP, you're either gonna be able to ride all of the coasters once or ride the 4-5 really good ones a few times. Consider that the park is huge and spread out. My report about our visit on Tuesday is here.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby jamesinclair » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 am

boldikus wrote:Never been back stage in first aid until today. It's a scorcher here, folks. One ride on the Bull and my buddy is down for the count. Just some heat exhaustion, but be careful and stay hydrated.

I remember one year I went to Magic Mountain. We walked over 4 or 5 people who passed out in the lines.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Can someone tell me more about this foam party business??

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:19 pm

jamesinclair wrote:I remember one year I went to Magic Mountain. We walked over 4 or 5 people who passed out in the lines.
That seems helpful.
TBpony414 wrote:Can someone tell me more about this foam party business??
It's just a late night dance party at Six Flags with a DJ poorly mixing awful saccharine dance pop to some lights and foam being pumped at the crowd who I guess kinda were dancing in it? I found it to be less "this is fun!" and more "this is awkward...?" I dunno. Maybe it's cause I'm 40.:lol:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby jamesinclair » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:59 pm

boldikus wrote:
jamesinclair wrote:I remember one year I went to Magic Mountain. We walked over 4 or 5 people who passed out in the lines.
That seems helpful.

No it wasnt, they were really inconveniencing us.

In all seriousness, they had their parties fanning them while someone looked for security. What else are you supposed to do besides step over them and keep moving up the line?

Blame Six Flags for the horrendous lack of shade.

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 am

jamesinclair wrote:
boldikus wrote:
That seems helpful.

No it wasnt, they were really inconveniencing us.

In all seriousness, they had their parties fanning them while someone looked for security. What else are you supposed to do besides step over them and keep moving up the line?

Blame Six Flags for the horrendous lack of shade.

I wouldn't go that far as to blame Six Flags for the high heat. When the heat gets to a certain point you get can dehydrated and pass out even in the shade. When its hot its up to you as a person to make sure you are staying hydrated, eat foods that are good for the heat, and pay attention to your body. It will give you signals when its had enough. Now, do I think more shade is needed in parks? Yes, especially when you are in line or waiting on a break run. But when push comes to shove its you to you to take care of your body.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Is it too early to hope and pray that we finally get the Giant Discovery that we deserve? (Ideally we'd get the model Magic Mountain has, reality we'll get this)

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:12 pm

^ Do they make those that completely invert? My back yard is definitely big enough for that.
*Walks over to the newsstand to buy Powerball tix*

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Here you go :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!