Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:32 am

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: Wait, you're checking a 14 day forecast? Why is that even a thing? Why would you do that to yourself? That's half a month away.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:14 am

^ Basically this. I'm guilty when planning faraway trips but its pointless because I know it can and will change. If you're planning on going to any park this time of year, just accept that anything is possible an its best to not worry about it til a few days before, especially parks in the Northeast this time of year because its so all over the place. The last few weeks we've had a succession of annoying snowstorms and then beautiful sunny days will temps in the 50s. Also, sometimes it snows in April.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby AndrewA86 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:54 am

LOL, guys, I know it's ridiculous. Again, I can't help myself. I know I shouldn't worry about it because I will be there no matter what, but I have to check and will do so everyday until the 31st...

Postby YoshiFan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:00 pm

The hours for opening weekend keep getting reduced. First Sunday went from an 8 pm to 6 pm closing, now Saturday changed to a 6 pm closing as well.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:08 pm

YoshiFan wrote:The hours for opening weekend keep getting reduced. First Sunday went from an 8 pm to 6 pm closing, now Saturday changed to a 6 pm closing as well.

That's a bummer they're reduced, but I'm guessing the cooler forecast may help keep people away anyway.

7.5 hours is more than enough time to get my rides on El Toro.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Top 5 Parks- Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland
Most Recent Trip Report- Six Flags Mexico

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lightnin Loops » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:54 am

YoshiFan wrote:The hours for opening weekend keep getting reduced. First Sunday went from an 8 pm to 6 pm closing, now Saturday changed to a 6 pm closing as well.

the park is gonna be dead. everyone is heading over to KD for the opening of a RMC, Twisted Timbers. Whats the point to go to SFgadv for nothing new.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:22 am

Lightnin Loops wrote:

the park is gonna be dead. everyone is heading over to KD for the opening of a RMC, Twisted Timbers. Whats the point to go to SFgadv for nothing new.

:?r you know NYC and Philly are full of people who don't give two sh*ts about Twisted Timbers or Kings Dominion right?
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:28 am

Park just announced opening day has been pushed back to March 30, due to the most recent Nor'Easter.
Screenshot_20180322-082847.jpg
Skyrush/El Toro/Boulder Dash/Superman/New Texas Giant/Phantom's Revenge/Wicked Cyclone/Phoenix/Stormrunner/Xcelerator
Total coasters: 122

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 am

I totally called that but I also don't really understand why they went with postponing opening weekend. I am hearing Jackson got 9-12 inches, but we got 7.5 here in Philly and its already rapidly melting and will continue to do so as its going up to almost 50 the next two days. Definitely going to be gone by Saturday.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:23 am

I think the biggest issue, just a guess, is the fact that the rides didn't have enough time to do thorough testing. Just because the weather will be ok this weekend doesn't mean all the rides are ready to go since they haven't exactly had the best weather the last few weeks for testing purposes. Yes I know a lot of the rides ran in 15 degree temperatures for HITP but it's not ideal for first runs I would think.
Last edited by anonymouscactus on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:22 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!