Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 pm

^ I'm sure a certain someone will Tweet something in the middle of the night and take full credit for this. :lol:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby coasterdude28 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 pm

This is super random and a long shot that any of you will know what I'm talking about, but...Shortly after El Toro opened there was filming done for I believe a Japanese TV show. Do any of you happen to have the final episode that came from that filming or a link to any of the footage online? This just randomly popped in to my head recently and I realized I never was able to track down that footage back then. Thanks!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Sportsdude360 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Have they received any Tourbillion parts up there at SFGAdv yet. Here at SFOT, the parts are just sitting behind a fence waiting to be assembled, which they probably won't do for some time yet.
Last edited by Sportsdude360 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:59 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:10 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:Have the received any Tourbillion parts up there at SFGAdv yet. Here at SFOT, the parts are just sitting behind a fence waiting to be assembled, which they probably won't do for some time yet.

Parts have began to arrive and are sitting in the employee parking lot.

IMG_3351.jpg
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab). YOUTUBE PAGE: http://www.youtube.com/c/ElToroRyan

2014: El Toro Team Member
2015: Kingda Ka Team Member
2016: El Toro Unit Supervisor
2017: El Toro Unit Supervisor (Month of April) and Random Team Member when I felt like working (August thru December)
2018: Millennium Force Ride Host (Halloweekends)

Credit Count: 303

Postby Sportsdude360 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:05 pm

^ Nice! These parts will probably just sit in the employee parking lot for another month before being assembled. I can't imagine it would take more than a day to put this thing together.

Below are the parts for Harley Quinn Spinsanity just sitting behind that fence here at SFOT. Heaven forbid they should try to put it together before another month goes by.
20180314_195719.jpg
Here are the parts for our Tourbillion here at SFOT just sitting there behind that fence.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby TNT » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Sportsdude360 wrote:^ Nice! These parts will probably just sit in the employee parking lot for another month before being assembled. I can't imagine it would take more than a day to put this thing together.

Below are the parts for Harley Quinn Spinsanity just sitting behind that fence here at SFOT. Heaven forbid they should try to put it together before another month goes by.

According to the video released by SFOT they have to let the concrete cure. That takes time if done correctly. If they don't let it cure then you will be on here complaining that they botched the install and that the ride is closed a lot for repair.

Postby Sportsdude360 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:40 am

They could easily have these things ready to go by next week if they wanted. But of course, this is SF were talking. We shouldn't be too surprised if they don't have them ready until mid-summer.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby AndrewA86 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:50 am

I'm visiting the park pretty soon and the weather report doesn't look too good, the high looks to be 50 with a 50% chance of rain. Do the coasters run in the rain? I've been to some parks like Dollywood where they run the coasters (including Lightning Rod) in the rain, and then others (cough) Cedar Point (cough) that completely close every coaster when it starts sprinkling.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:56 am

I don't know when you're visiting the park, but it's too early to waste your time looking at a weather report since they don't open until next weekend.

All coasters except Kingda Ka will run in a category 5 hurricane if the park is busy but if it's drizzling and the weather keeps the crowds away and the park is losing money then they'll close the park for your safety.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby AndrewA86 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:20 am

Yeah I know it's early, but I can't help myself. I'll be visiting on March 31st if I get into town early enough, and April 1st the entire day. But it's good to know they care so much about my safety...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!