Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Sluggo77 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Awesome Toro video. Thanks for sharing it Ryan!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:13 pm

The first few months of the calendar have been posted. It still shows a Sunday opening day which is weird. I really wonder if they're planning a passholder preview day on March 31st.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:20 pm

coasterbill wrote:The first few months of the calendar have been posted. It still shows a Sunday opening day which is weird. I really wonder if they're planning a passholder preview day on March 31st.

Is this later than normal? Do they usually open mid to end March for the college spring breaks or is my memory wrong?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Could have sworn I read somewhere that opening day was March 24th. Odd that the first day of the season is a Sunday, and a holiday at that.
Total Coasters: 139

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 pm

I just think the March hours haven't been posted yet unless they changed opening day. From the newsletter sent on December 26th:
"Holiday in the Park is Open Daily Through January 1
The holidays aren't over yet -- the lights are still twinkling, the cocoa is still piping hot, and the coasters are still racing! Holiday in the Park is open every day through January​ 1, including New Year's Eve until 9 p.​m. and New Year's Day.

Celebrate the last week of 2017 with a funnel cake and kick off 2018 with a plunge down Nitro. We'll then temporarily close until March​ 24 to prepare for an amazing 2018 season. "

thesman wrote:Is this later than normal? Do they usually open mid to end March for the college spring breaks or is my memory wrong?

The earliest opening day has been is around March 20th to 23rd. It depends when Easter is, in 2014 the park didn't open until April 12th.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 pm

The park generally opens the week of NY and NJ public school spring break, NYC schools are closed week of April 2nd.

Could Saturday, March 31st be a park buyout that is just not listed on the calendar? Pfizer has done park buyouts very early in the season in previous years.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby YoshiFan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 am

It looks like March operating days might be added slowly. Now the calendar shows March 30th and 31st as 10:30 to 9.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 am

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:19 pm

I'm still hoping they are going to add some weekdays (besides Good Friday) in between opening weekend and Easter weekend. 2 years ago they opened on the Wednesday and Thursday before Easter and it empty but crowds were still low. If not, I guess I'll stick to my usual plan of trying to get there Sunday of opening weekend since some people have school and work the next day (some schools in suburban Philadelphia have spring break the week of the 26th).

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:05 pm

In case anyone was wondering, the infamous solar panel project begins construction in March.
Link.

World’s Ultimate Thrill Park Takes Giant Leap Toward Reducing Its Carbon Footprint While Adding Jobs
Six Flags Great Adventure and its partner KDC Solar today announced that construction will begin soon to make the New Jersey property the world’s first solar-powered theme park.

“This is a proud day for our company. This project represents a giant step toward becoming a net-zero carbon facility,” said Six Flags Great Adventure Park President John Winkler. “We are pleased that we were able to come to a satisfactory agreement with all parties involved. Clean energy is right for the environment and our future, and we look forward to decades of environmental stewardship with our partner, KDC Solar.”

The 23.5-megawatt solar project will include solar carports over select parking lots and 40 acres of ground-mounted solar panels. Six Flags expects construction to begin by March and for the solar facility to be fully operational by the end of 2019.

In addition to the production of clean energy and helping to limit the park’s reliance on harmful fossil fuels, KDC Solar will use more than 99,000 hours of union labor in constructing this project.

As conservationists for nearly 45 years, Six Flags Great Adventure has cared for more than 70 different species of animals, including some that are endangered and even extinct in the wild. The Jackson theme park recycles more than 60 percent of its annual waste, including manure, paper, plastic, wood and mixed garbage. The theme park eliminated the use of paper towels in favor of energy-efficient hand dryers, and is firmly committed to other energy-saving programs. In addition, Six Flags will preserve more than 200 acres of forest, wetlands and wetlands transition areas.

“We are continually searching for new ways to operate more efficiently and enhance our role as good stewards of the environment,” Winkler said.

“We are pleased to move forward with this groundbreaking solar project. Six Flags has been a patient and cooperative partner throughout this process, and we look forward to delivering clean renewable electricity to Six Flags. Once operational, this project will be the largest net metered solar project in the State of New Jersey and very much in line with Governor Murphy’s pledge to support renewable energy,” said Alan Epstein, President and CEO of KDC Solar.
Total Coasters: 139

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!