Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1797 - Fright Fest Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby psaulaferraz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:24 am

It's a good method, but it requires more staffing (2 or 3 per attraction). At the end is the park/company who decides what kind of experience they want to give the user.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby jamesinclair » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:29 am

Satans Hockey wrote:If you've actually read this thread at all numerous people have said that pouches and cubbies don't prevent people from taking cell phones out on rides. That's why Universal Orlando(yes I know they have other parks but clearly pouches don't work here cause they have metal detectors) has metal detectors and that's why great adventure is trying this out.

Not a pouch, but a box that locks at the same time the restraints are put down. It would have to be part of the car design, not an easy retrofit.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:35 am

jamesinclair wrote:
Satans Hockey wrote:If you've actually read this thread at all numerous people have said that pouches and cubbies don't prevent people from taking cell phones out on rides. That's why Universal Orlando(yes I know they have other parks but clearly pouches don't work here cause they have metal detectors) has metal detectors and that's why great adventure is trying this out.

Not a pouch, but a box that locks at the same time the restraints are put down. It would have to be part of the car design, not an easy retrofit.

There would still be no guarantee of people actually putting all of their stuff in there.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Vigil » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:59 am

So my friend is planning a trip for us to go to to Great Adventure the weekend of May 5th, driving up Friday morning and spending the rest of the day in the park and the spending Saturday there too. It would be the first time for both of us. Is that a totally crazy idea? Are lines going to be absurd?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Vigil wrote:So my friend is planning a trip for us to go to to Great Adventure the weekend of May 5th, driving up Friday morning and spending the rest of the day in the park and the spending Saturday there too. It would be the first time for both of us. Is that a totally crazy idea? Are lines going to be absurd?

You should be able to hit up the entire park in just one day if the lines aren't too bad. They usually aren't absurd around this time of year but if the weather is nice, expect to wait 45 minutes to an hour for some of the bigger rides. Since you guys are spending almost 2 days at the park, I highly recommend checking out the Safari! It's an awesome experience and I'm sure you would love it.
Visual scan.... All Clear.. ALL CLEAR MEANS YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF HERE! ENJOY YOUR RIDE ON EL TORO! OLE!!

Former Supervisor of El Toro (2016-early 2017)
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab)

Toro Riders:
2016: 1,258,387 riders
2017: 1,000,000 riders and counting

Credit Count: 279

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Vigil » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Awesome! That sounds like really neat, I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ViperGTS500 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Are you saying the lines for Bigger rides will be 45 min if the weather is nice on Fri or Sat? If not, how would they be on Fri if the weather is nice?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby YoshiFan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:05 pm

On Friday, I would expect 10 to 20 minute waits most of the day and walk ons from around 4 to 5 until closing at 8.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby thefed29 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:16 am

This is a bit of a random question, but are the Go-Karts an upcharge? I've passed by them the last couple of times I've been there but never looked into it; and I'll be spending two days here in a couple weeks, so thinking I might want to get some Go-Kart action in. Been forever.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:25 am

It is definitely an extra charge, but I don't know how much.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!