Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby willh51 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Yeah, love this park. Unless there’s a tornado the rides are usually rolling. The polar opposite of Cedar Point. They know the B&Ms will survive freezing temps.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Also the Kia train is WAY WAY WAY WAY smoother on El Toro than the caramel train. I got on the caramel train in the back and it was pretty bouncy and shaky. Did the Kia train and it was about Nitro smooth with a WAY less potholes (not void of em though)

I definitely could marathon on the Kia train, don't think I could on the caramel colored one.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby jamesinclair » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 pm

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:Log Flume is currently testing.

Whats going on with the rapids? Do they only open on peak days?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 pm

^It was open today

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:03 am

willh51 wrote:Unless there’s a tornado the rides are usually rolling.

:lol: They would probably tell that tornado to shove it too.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 am

hoppedup wrote:It's so dead my daughter got coastered out so we did Skyway, Safari Adventure, and the Houdini thing.

When I went with my sister last year, the same thing happened! We were excited about the park being open late, so we could get night rides on El Toro, but we'd ridden everything we wanted to, including a bunch of El Toro rides, and it was still a few hours away to close, so we just left. And this was midweek the week of July 4th. Definitely an interesting park in terms of crowds!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:01 am

Hell has frozen over. Great Adventure is getting a hotel.

http://shorenewsnetwork.com/news/headline-news/hilton-hotel-construction-announced-at-jacksons-great-adventure-sports-complex/

JACKSON-After nearly one half century, it’s finally happening. A hotel will be built in Jackson Township to accommodate Six Flags Great Adventure and a future sports complex.

Hilton and Adventure Sports & Entertainment, announced today a new development deal for its upscale yet affordable global brand, Hilton Garden Inn.

The 134-room, 5-story hotel will be located at 567 Monmouth Road, Jackson, New Jersey 08527, located just off of State Highway I-195 Exit 16A. Construction is expected to begin by September 10, 2018, with completion slated for March of 2020.

“Jackson, New Jersey is the perfect location for our newest property and the latest addition to the Hilton Garden Inn brand,” said developer Vito Cardinale, President and CEO Cardinale Enterprises. “We’re eager to get started on bringing this project to life and welcoming new travelers to the area visiting not only the Adventure Sports & Entertainment complex, but also Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park, which is adjacent to the property, enhanced even further with our addition of a 10,000 square foot banquet and event space within the hotel portion of the project.”

Jackson Township Mayor, Michael Reina, was so pleased with the hotel project and the expansive, all-inclusive sports complex “Adventure Sports & Entertainment” that it will service; he was quoted saying “Jackson’s future has arrived”.

Along with the hotel, Jackson Township recently approved a large sports complex that will become a sports tourism destination. The complex will host a variety of sports tournaments. Former U.S. Olympian and professional women’s softball player Crystl Bustos has recently announced her “Ruthless” softball program will operate out of the facility. Check back this weekend for an in-depth interview with Bustos regarding her plans in Jackson.

Reina today said that this is the start of Jackson’s new future. “It’s a great thing for the town and finally after all the years of talking about it, it’s finally happening,” Reina said.

The hotel will offer amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, a 24-hour business center, a state-of-the-art fitness center, a full- service restaurant serving cooked-to-order breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with cocktails in the lobby lounge and a list of other in-room amenities that are appealing to those traveling for business or leisure, as well as serving the local communities and their families visiting the area for sports tournaments or Six Flags Great Adventure.

Each guestroom boasts the brand’s signature bedding featuring fresh, white duvets and crisp linens and an in-room “hospitality center” with a mini fridge, microwave oven as well as a Keurig coffee maker.

Hilton Garden Inn, Jackson, NJ, will be part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s 14 distinct hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels save time and money, and, gain instant access to the benefits they care about most, such as an exclusive member discount, free Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay. Members can also redeem their Points for free nights, to gain access to unique events through the Hilton Honors auction platform or to make purchases at Amazon.com with Amazon Shop with Points. For more information, or to make reservations, please visit Hilton Garden Inn, Jackson, NJ, with Hyperlink to http://www.hiltongardeninn.com or call 1 855-516-1091.

jackson-hilton.jpg

jackson.jpg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 am

I think the bigger news is that Jackson is getting another restaurant.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Coney Island

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:52 am

Ahhh, so it's going to be another Hilton. Interesting. I remember back when this was approved in December, but I think this is the first time we're hearing an actual company attached to it. I like the additional renderings, really helps show what will be in store. This'll also help ensure more year-round business for the McDonald's and Burger King right there. We used to be slammed in the summer and be a ghost town in the winter.

I still think anyone who bitched about the solar farm situation that doesn't say anything here is a pretty big hypocrite.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:00 pm

I think its awesome they opening a new hotel right there. I am very Hilton loyal - love my points to get nice rooms really cheap. The Hilton Garden Inn's are nice, nothin spectacular but sill nice.

They need more food options eventually in that area. The Wawa gets SOOO crowded when the park closes. We always stop there after Fright Fest and we usually wait about 35-45 min for our food and they tend to run out of things.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!