Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun May 20, 2018 9:40 am

thrillrider wrote:Looking forward to riding this crazy contraption, but does anyone else think this ride is going to be a maintenance nightmare? Lots of moving parts.

I've been saying that since day one! I mean, yes it's an awesome looking ride... But I feel like it's going to be prone to excessive downtime.
Bigger is not always better.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun May 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Even with it being a Bring a Friend Day, I decided to head to the park this morning. I was a little worried seeing many buses and signs regarding Catholic Youth Day. I was worried, not because I fear buses or Young Catholics, but I just wanted to get as many rides in as possible in 2 hours. I did not realize they reduced the numbers of metal detectors to add what appeared to be x-ray machines for the bags (when did this happen?). However, it appeared those x-ray machine lines were moving quickly.

I made it to El Toro about 10 minutes after the park opened and rode the same train for about 15 rides, changing rows when someone was waiting for my row. The ride ops (Nick, Sam and Justin) were quick especially with so few people waiting to board. We were dispatched in less the 60 seconds repeatedly. I think on my rides they only had to check lap bars a second time for only one person and no one accidentally sat down without buckling their seat belt. I far exceeded my goal of 6 rides on the bull this morning.

I got my Orange Cream soda from the Freestyle Machine and ate a cheesesteak at Boardwalk steaks. Service has been very quick all three times this year, but the overall quality of the cheese and steak seems to have slipped since last year, but the bread is still top notch.

I rode Justice League twice (10 minute wait using single rider lane) and both rides I had issues with the guns. The first ride my gun just stooped working about 3/4 of the way through the game, no beam came out and the gun did not vibrate. During my second ride the ride again stopped firing about halfway through the ride. However, by the end of the ride I could feel the vibration when pulling the trigger but still no beam. Quite a bummer, since I love that game.

On the way out of the park, I got a waffle. The waffle is still heavy, but more flavorful than the last time I tried it.

I almost stopped but the membership center to better understand what the difference is between my loaded platinum season pass (all parks parking/food/drink bottle) and the membership but I was in a rush. I think the only difference is the dedicated entrance lines for memberships at opening. I must investigate before I repurchase at the end of this season.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun May 20, 2018 3:34 pm

^ Sounds like a good day anytime you can get that many El Toro rides. One of my friends is a chaperone for a Youth Group and was spending most of her time by the Ferris Wheel and SkyScreamer.

A shame to hear about Justice League's guns. I had the same issue on Mexico's.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:37 pm

thrillrider wrote:Looking forward to riding this crazy contraption, but does anyone else think this ride is going to be a maintenance nightmare? Lots of moving parts.

Not only will it be a maintenance nightmare but it's likely going to produce more vomit than any other ride in the park.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lightnin Loops » Sun May 20, 2018 4:06 pm

SFNJ is such a great park. I like how they are on top of new state of the art attractions and Worlds Firsts rides. CYBORG addition keeps us right on par with CP as the best park in the USA

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2pJXKUFbCg Cyborg Cyber Spin looks absolutely insane!!! I wasn't very excited for these until now :0

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Coasterbill and Boldikus are banned from riding if they have consumed more than 2 beers.

Wow it's so much fun to watch! Very curious to see how people like/dislike it based on how repetitive the cycle looks. I ...also totally forgot Six Flags is installing these rides with the mid-year openings. :lol:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:57 pm

^ See, I would've said that they're prevented from riding until they meet a mandatory two-drink minimum!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm

:lol: Boldikus isn't going anywhere near that thing no matter how many drinks he's had. Personally I think it looks great, but I feel like I'll be riding alone because there's no way Brit's riding that thing either.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:02 pm

The should seriously have a stand right next to it selling umbrellas. The way that thing moves there are sure to be quite a few protein showers for passers-by to try to avoid.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!