TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Now, if we were saturated with screaming swings I would be in heaven. One of my top 10 favorite flat rides.

Right? Everyones salivating over this supposed giga coming to BGW and I'm over here likecardi.gif.86fc12ee19e6826e3efafdbe65209a23.gif

Now, if we were saturated with screaming swings I would be in heaven. One of my top 10 favorite flat rides.

Right? Everyones salivating over this supposed giga coming to BGW and I'm over here like[attachment=0]cardi.gif[/attachment]

Glenwood Caverns has you covered.

Giant frisbees, Screamin' Swings, and whatever the hell Samurai at Lagoon is are my favorite flats. After those three I really can't think of anything other than maybe that ridiculous Rodeo ride at SFOT

Samurai is a top scan and they're literally one of my favorite flat rides ever. I would 100% be okay with GADV getting all 3. Top Scan, Screamin' Swing and a frisbee.

Anyone have experience with camping near SFGADV?

Last year I camped at the Timberland Lake campground. While close the to the park, it was an expensive trash-heap of a campground.

The state and county campgrounds look decent, but they say "no alcohol". Camping isnt camping without having a beer around a campfire.

It doesn't seem like there are any good options?

Anyone have experience with camping near SFGADV?

Last year I camped at the Timberland Lake campground. While close the to the park, it was an expensive trash-heap of a campground.

The state and county campgrounds look decent, but they say "no alcohol". Camping isnt camping without having a beer around a campfire.

It doesn't seem like there are any good options?

NJ sucks for camping, you are really limited to private campgrounds (especially if you have dogs, NJ state campgrounds don't allow dogs). When we go down there we stay at the Butterfly campground an exit east from the park as its really the only place we can fit our massive trailer. Also, I tend to find the "no beer" to be pretty lack and is basically a "dont get drunk" rule or at least here in NY but in NJ it could be different solely due to the type of crowds who visit.

Fright Fest 2018 Attractions have been announced, with two new mazes and a new show. Fear is replacing Total Darkness, and sounds like a generic pitch black scare maze. Reflections of the Dead looks much more interesting. Presumably, it'll be a mirror maze with scare actors jumping out from behind frames. The new show, Blood Drums, is a Blue Man Group show thingy themed to... blood? Looks interesting enough. Blood Shed is gone, but I'm guessing Cell Block 6 is replacing it, as it says it's in the Golden Kingdom now and people have seen props from the Freefall spot moved to the old Blood shed structure. 2019 addition in Freefall's spot is confirmed!

I wouldn't say its definitely confirmed, but something is going on over in that spot. Flags and markers and a crane have all taken up residence. Photos by C.J. in the GreatAdv Conn group

1.thumb.jpg.54277974f37759c3ba9301b6f04288f8.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.5c1e6daae12cb0bf4542d31a546fc6cf.jpg

3.jpg.b12a290d24ce4635834714328f7342ad.jpg

4.jpg.7b5c4abd195948343b85756a6bd5a5ed.jpg

Please be a Giant Discovery.

That section of the park has changed completely since my first visit back in the early 90's.They have removed over a dozen rides from where Spinmeister was to where Dark Knight is now. I even remember when they had a smaller ferris wheel in that area!

I'm guessing everyone is right and they are placing a Giant Discovery!

They have really done a good job at adding stuff into that area if they put a discovery there. I haven't been on cyborg yet but that justice league and possibly a discovery and it's really shaped out well.

I do wish they would put some sort of flat rides over by the Zumanjaro path though, there is a decent amount of room there and would give people more of a reason to walk out that way.

I do wish they would put some sort of flat rides over by the Zumanjaro path though, there is a decent amount of room there and would give people more of a reason to walk out that way.

I see your point, but if they get a Frisbee then I just want to state that I wholeheartedly approve of it's placement in the Holiday in the Park section of the park.