TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

World's first, eh? Colour me intrigued.

The interesting part was 'world's first". Part of the initial teaser by SF was they put world or North American first. So, the question is what would be a world's first non coaster ? 2nd Gen Enterprise. Or could GAdv get a coaster just after the 4D in 2016. Any of the S&S concept coasters would be a world's first and SF has been working with S&S. Coaster wise who else has a coaster concept that has not been built yet?

Coaster wise who else has a coaster concept that has not been built yet?

RMC Raptor.

Imagine a Raptor low capacity (600/hr) with SF horrible operations (make that actual 400/hr) in one their most attended parks. You would be talking 4 hour waits

Not predicting the park is adding a Raptor, just answering your question. I think it's going to be something for Hurricane Harbor; That park always reaches capacity every weekend, it desperately needs an expansion.

Not predicting the park is adding a Raptor, just answering your question. I think it's going to be something for Hurricane Harbor; That park always reaches capacity every weekend, it desperately needs an expansion.

Not a waterpark person, but haven't seen any world's first waterpark stuff come out. I am kind of leaning towards the 2nd gen enterprise. I don't think they are getting a coaster so soon and I can't think of any other world first flats. If they would have said north american first, than there's a good list. I also think the 2nd gen enterprise concept videos looked like it was a good ride. I am a fan of the old Huss enterprises, so slight bias.

with SF horrible operations (make that actual 400/hr) in one their most attended parks. You would be talking 4 hour waits

Great Adventure isn't like other Six Flags parks. Apart from Bizarro, (they always suck) the park has great operations all around. I agree tho, a RMC Raptor would be a disaster capacity-wise for the park.

2018 New Attraction Announcement – August 31

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces a thrilling, “world’s first” attraction for 2018 via its website and social media at 5 a.m. Video, photos and a press release will showcase all of the exciting details of this new project, slated to open late Spring 2018.

We know the site of one of the "First'" SF teased last month.

Is there a link to where the park has actually teased this? Or is this just some enthusiast pipe dream that grew legs and is making the rounds?

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces a thrilling, “world’s first” attraction for 2018 via its website and social media at 5 a.m. Video, photos and a press release will showcase all of the exciting details of this new project, slated to open late Spring 2018.

Is there a link to where the park has actually teased this? Or is this just some enthusiast pipe dream that grew legs and is making the rounds?

The post is copied from the website

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/newsroom/july-26-2017

The post is copied from the website

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/newsroom/july-26-2017

Thanks.

Not a waterpark person, but haven't seen any world's first waterpark stuff come out. I am kind of leaning towards the 2nd gen enterprise. I don't think they are getting a coaster so soon and I can't think of any other world first flats. If they would have said north american first, than there's a good list. I also think the 2nd gen enterprise concept videos looked like it was a good ride. I am a fan of the old Huss enterprises, so slight bias.

Luna Park NYC already has a second generation Enterprise, so if it was that, it wouldn't be a "world's first".

Luna Park NYC already has a second generation Enterprise, so if it was that, it wouldn't be a "world's first".

No they don't that's a Zamperla Endevour which is the same thing SFOT got.

If it isn't an RMC then I really hope it isn't a coaster. The S&S Skyloop is literally almost a combination of our last 2 thrill rides, El Diablo and Joker. Anything else would probably be a half-scale coaster like Joker. I'd much rather them put money into HH or a world's first flat ride and then save up for an RMC later on. I highly doubt we will see a Raptor here. I think that will be a prototype for somewhere else and we will see a T-Rex down the road.

If it isn't an RMC then I really hope it isn't a coaster. The S&S Skyloop is literally almost a combination of our last 2 thrill rides, El Diablo and Joker. Anything else would probably be a half-scale coaster like Joker. I'd much rather them put money into HH or a world's first flat ride and then save up for an RMC later on. I highly doubt we will see a Raptor here. I think that will be a prototype for somewhere else and we will see a T-Rex down the road.

Six Flags doesn't "save up", that's not how their capital investments plan is structured. The cap exp has been hinted as decreasing as % of North American revenue. Also, 2017 is not looking good after Q1 and Q2. Unless Q3 and Q4 blow the roof off look for NA revenue to be down for the year and thus less for rides in the following fiscal year.

Six Flags doesn't "save up", that's not how their capital investments plan is structured. The cap exp has been hinted as decreasing as % of North American revenue. Also, 2017 is not looking good after Q1 and Q2. Unless Q3 and Q4 blow the roof off look for NA revenue to be down for the year and thus less for rides in the following fiscal year.

I know they don't necessarily save up, but each park is not given the same portion of the budget every year. What I was really getting at is if 2018 is more of a JL-level as opposed to El Diabo-level year, than I really hope it isn't a coaster unless it's an RMC.

RMC Raptor.

Imagine a Raptor low capacity (600/hr) with SF horrible operations (make that actual 400/hr) in one their most attended parks. You would be talking 4 hour waits

Is that capacity substantially worse than any of the 4D Free Spins that have been installed at nearly every major SF park?

Very good news. Looks like 8/16 and 8/31 should be very entertaining days! Can't wait to start planning some 2018 trips!

Is that capacity worse than any of the 4D Free Spins that have been installed at nearly every major SF park?

4D spec capacity is 720/hr..Raptor 600/hr

Very good news. Looks like 8/16 and 8/31 should be very entertaining days! Can't wait to start planning some 2018 trips!

4 of 5 trips already decided and announcements aren't changing them unless there is a giga or trex out of the blue.

I want to try to ride all the RMC's and then keep up on them as they build more. The problematic one will be Wildfire, I have plans to hit all the current/known North American RMC's by 2019.

April- KD(RMC Hurler), BGW

May - SFDK(Joker), CGA(RMC Raptor???)

June - Cedar Point(RMC Mean Streak), Kings Island

July - Carowinds, Dollywood(Lightining Rod), SFOG(RMC GA Cyclone??)

August - ??? SFOT (Tx Giant) and SFFT(Iron Rattler) likely but only trip not certain on could be spring 2019.

Is that capacity worse than any of the 4D Free Spins that have been installed at nearly every major SF park?

Sure, but from the reports I've seen, those 4D coaster are breaking down all the time so I bet they're a little closer. My point is that if SF is installing those things, they clearly don't give much weight to capacity when purchasing. I foresee Raptors being installed at both SF and CF parks next year (not SFGAdv), but that's my personal speculation

World's first what? World's first Dueling Crazy Couches, that's what!

Cough cough skywarp cough

Skywarp comment didn't go unnoticed. Only problem with that is Skyline said they aren't announcing till IAAPA and GAdv already has a super loop and they are the same genre of rides. The Skywarp SF rumor deal made a ton of sense b/c it's a SF type ride till Skyline made their announcement on not telling till IAAPA

Skywarp comment didn't go unnoticed. Only problem with that is Skyline said they aren't announcing till IAAPA and GAdv already has a super loop and they are the same genre of rides. The Skywarp SF rumor deal made a ton of sense b/c it's a SF type ride till Skyline made their announcement on not telling till IAAPA

It's all in word choice, my man. Just because Skyline isn't telling doesn't mean Six Flags won't tell prior to that.

Sure, but from the reports I've seen, those 4D coaster are breaking down all the time so I bet they're a little closer. My point is that if SF is installing those things, they clearly don't give much weight to capacity when purchasing. I foresee Raptors being installed at both SF and CF parks next year (not SFGAdv), but that's my personal speculation

I agree, the capacity argument is often overblown. SF has put low capacity 4D's at GAdv, MM, GAm, which are SF's 3 most attended parks. On the Raptors capacity there was some enthusiast musing, don't even know if RMC would do it, of dueling Raptors, which would make capacity 1200/hr(600/hr per track)

It's all in word choice, my man. Just because Skyline isn't telling doesn't mean Six Flags won't tell prior to that.

I always found the whole thing came off odd. The rumor came out and it's almost as if Skyline felt a no comment would be taken as a pseudo confirmation and fuel the rumor more. The announcement at IAAPA may be a ruse to to try to throw people off the SF and Skyline deal.