TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Superman would greatly benefit from line tickets as well. Every time I ride it there are major issues with groups of thugs pushing their way through which always ends in an altercation.

Call the line cutters number. Have them ejected from the park. I have seen it done at other SF parks years ago.

I'll have to look into that and do it next time. It'd be safer and much easier, maybe even take a picture of the offenders. The issue is if nobody is nearby to eject them, often the people cut way up and almost to the station so you only have a few minutes to act on it. Contrary to what other posters have written about the queues it isn't so much people jumping under the queue rails to cut, but instead walking through the line and pushing past other people. People who are so oblivious that they let huge groups of kids (and sometimes adults, but usually 10-20 yr olds) right past and then I look like a crazy person when I calmly but firmly tell them they aren't getting past me.

There are "See Something, Say Something" posters in the park with the number for Park Security. If line-cutting is observed, then you should calmly let Park Security know of the situation, either by speaking with a guard in your locale or calling the number. No one should ever directly confront someone; it compounds the issue. It turns line-cutting into a fight, which makes the jobs of park officials that much harder.

Another thing I noticed during my trip is how dark the Golden Kingdom is at night. Like put some lights back there good god, it's a good place to get jumped it's so dark.

I've been saying this for years. It's ridiculous how dark it is back there. At least they finally put some lights in the Kingda Ka queue after it had been pitch black for about a decade but it's still ridiculous.

Was there tonight, rode Ka in row 2 and ow. Gave me a headache, and then my brilliance made me ride GL in the back row and turned it into a mini migraine.

Even Toro and Nitro felt a bit rougher than normal but Bizarro was MUCH smoother, don't know if I got lucky in the row or seat, but no head banging at all, dare I say, almost as smooth as front row Nitro

It also was INSANELY hot there today, and everything was a walk on besides Safari and Congo Rapids, and Justice League later in the day.

They were doing the boarding passes on almost every ride and there were no lines, didn't make sense to me and seemed like a waste of paper, the workers didn't even look at the number, just took it and crumpled it up.

Justice League: x2 (both highest score in the car at 143K and 152K)

Batman: 1

Nitro: 1

Skully: 1

Joker: 1

Bizarro: 1

Runaway Mine Train: 1

El Toro: 2

Superman: 1

Green Latern: 1

Kingda Ka: 1

Zumanjaro: 2

I wish I could see how smooth TTD is compared to KK

Was there tonight, rode Ka in row 2 and ow. Gave me a headache

This right here is why the only way I ride Ka now is in the front. It's always worth it. To me Ka isn't even worth a ride unless it's in front.

^Row 1 & 2 are identical to me because they're the same car, just a row back. I rode Ka last week in the very front, same pain. It also feels like it has square wheels at the end of the 270* spiral right before it levels out there's like two jarring bumps. It ****ing hurts now..

Was there tonight, rode Ka in row 2 and ow. Gave me a headache. I wish I could see how smooth TTD is compared to KK

TTD is smooth as butter, I'm telling you it's a totally different ride. I rarely ride Ka because even in the front I feel like I just got smacked on the back of the head with a frying pan. I don't know why it's so much worse than Dragster. Clearly SF doesn't care about maintenance as much as CP and maybe the heaviness of the OTSRs make it more difficult to launch, who knows. The good news is I have the opportunity to ride Dragster once a year. The bad news is, it's completely ruined Ka and made it almost unrideable by comparison! Either way, do yourself a favor and Get To The Point.

Was there tonight, rode Ka in row 2 and ow. Gave me a headache. I wish I could see how smooth TTD is compared to KK

TTD is smooth as butter, I'm telling you it's a totally different ride. I rarely ride Ka because even in the front I feel like I just got smacked on the back of the head with a frying pan. I don't know why it's so much worse than Dragster. Clearly SF doesn't care about maintenance as much as CP and maybe the heaviness of the OTSRs make it more difficult to launch, who knows. The good news is I have the opportunity to ride Dragster once a year. The bad news is, it's completely ruined Ka and made it almost unrideable by comparison! Either way, do yourself a favor and Get To The Point.

By comparison on two different aspects:

1. Which has more downtime: KK or TTD?

2. Dispatch times?

Dragster suffers from infinitely more downtime than Kingda Ka but that's not all that surprising since it launches trains at a much faster rate, utilizes all of it's load and unload platforms, runs 5 trains (as opposed to 2-3) and doesn't have to wait for a drop tower to cycle every few minutes before it can operate.

As for the ride experience, I don't have a preference but I only ride Kingda Ka in row one.

I wish I could see how smooth TTD is compared to KK
My first ride on Dragster made it clear to me why it's a bit better. We launched up the tower and crested the top. As we pitched down, I had the very natural reaction to grab onto my harness. I reached for where I expected some kind of OTSR to be, which of course wasn't there. I giggled the whole way down.

I totally agree. After riding TTD and being so smooth, I can't ride Ka anymore to much of a headache.

Very quick TR from tonight. Some notes and then pics:

-My girlfriend, step.son and I got to the park at 7:30pm. Obviously it was a hot and VERY humid day, which left the park relatively empty upon arrival. After we rode Justice League, which had only a 10-15min wait, we walked over to El Toro. My step son, who is about 52 inches tall, lost his Toro virginity last year so I was very excited to get him back on. Unfortunately, the ride was closed to an incoming storm. Less than 5min later one of the nastiest looking black clouds fell over the park, closing everything that wasn't indoors. We high-tailed it to Skull Mountain, which was a walkon. After getting off it started pouring, so we opted for another JL ride. JL had a 10min breakdown, which made it a 20min wait. After getting off the ride it was 9:15pm, and I heard a roar in the distance. Nitro and Batman had just reopened! Got a walk-on last row lap on Nitro before running over to Toro, which was closed for the night. Noticing Joker was open on the run over to Toro, we got in line with just 5min left until park closing.

-HUGE props to GAdv for reopening these coasters with only 40min left until closing. The forecast had 60% precipitation and a severe thunderstorm warning until 10pm but they still got these coasters running with the park COMPLETELY dead at that point. Nitro was even still running 3 trains despite being down for nearly 2 hours and having a max of 10 people in the station.

-Speaking of Nitro, it was running amazing tonight. Each hill gave sustauned floater that kept my butt out of the seat for 4-5 seconds at a time. I guess the hot weather and slick track made the difference but it was one of the best rides I've ever had on it. Nitro at night time is also always a great experience.

-I really like the blue paintjob on the Studio 28 arcade and the Gotham City retheme of the souvenier shop. Didn't pay attention to either on my last visit but they are solid little upgrades.

-Got the top score for my vehicle on my 1st JL ride! Once again a really fun ride. Unfortunately people have started vandalizing the queue, ripping off paint and other elements.

-Joker looks great at night! It was my first time seeing it with the neon floodlights and it looks really cool at the end of Main Street on the lake. The ride itself wasn't as intense as SFNE's a couple weeks ago but there was one moments where we were upside down a good 3-4 seconds. Even though it is short and a clone I do feel.it adds to our lineup.

Overall, for 2.5 hours and a thunderstorm we ended up having a really good time! Once again a big thank you to the park's tremendous weather policies! Some pics...

20170720_193645.thumb.jpg.4ec8ac61d8c3a37f3287729abf76c874.jpg

New arcade paintjob.

20170720_193723.thumb.jpg.9d7c0d18904b0f475352f9308999ba98.jpg

Nitro at sunset.

20170720_193955.thumb.jpg.aad518c500d969887bad0f5220c3b23d.jpg

Also didn't notice the theater facelift. Looks really good!

20170720_200551.thumb.jpg.a5f80660747791950b37d624e7d3673c.jpg

High score! No idea how people are getting 400k+ scores on this thing but getting first place gave my ego enough of a boost lol.

20170720_201001.thumb.jpg.9c314f17bb2b9b683d01c9c188f0e2d4.jpg

Batman...through the trees.

20170720_202015.thumb.jpg.5107b3de53800defae0e2fee618360e5.jpg

Golden Kingdom.

20170720_203627.thumb.jpg.68216312e89cfc4cc0fce29fbb6a6c58.jpg

This was when the storm was approaching.

20170720_203842.thumb.jpg.fdf4706f0e9ee85d4744955ae222f5c0.jpg

Love this pic. Joker lit up with the storm cloud over it.

20170720_204023.thumb.jpg.0d5f707314befcadc9fa5130fa57cc81.jpg

Random Buccaneer shot.

20170720_220126.thumb.jpg.b1baeacf65f76f440e70dd7f253db12f.jpg

Girlfriend and step son at the fountain.

20170720_221321.thumb.jpg.09d0702ad84099463d8b55882ae9e707.jpg

If only GL rode as nicely as it looks....

Does SFGAdv offer a "twilight rate" for late afternoon entry?

I have a SFNE season pass, so I get in for free but will be coming with a few friends who don't have passes and likely won't visit another park this year. We'll only have a few hours late in the day (on a weekday), since we'll be passing by on our way to DC, so just looking for cheapest option. Thanks!

No, they haven't done that in many years. However, discount coupons aren't hard to come by (McDonald's, Wawa, Coke cans, etc), so you should still be able to easily save at least a little money.

2018 New Attraction Announcement – August 31

Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces a thrilling, “world’s first” attraction for 2018 via its website and social media at 5 a.m. Video, photos and a press release will showcase all of the exciting details of this new project, slated to open late Spring 2018.

We know the site of one of the "First'" SF teased last month.