TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

BREAKING: Updated park map is out.

https://static.sixflags.com/website/files/sfgad_park-map.pdf

Of note:

~ That weird shortcut that showed up on the app that would go from GK to behind the bathrooms in PDC that we all got boners for is not actually there.

~ Old Country shortcut is open (though with everything - including JLBFM - listed as Movietown, I think it will just be open during picnic grove events as usual).

~ Plymouth Rock arena back to Northern Star Arena

~ New eateries going exactly where we suspected, and Macho still has a 2nd location in Movietown (and the people rejoiced)

~ They took the "Mine" out of Runaway Mine Train??

sfgad_park-map-page-001.thumb.jpg.3aac9b645eaf9856ef9050cf9fda58d2.jpg

Looks like they're completely redoing the Chiller part of Old Country. Some things I've noted about the area from the map are

-Munchopolis looks like it will be placed in the building where they have the little Fright Fest store, I forget the name

-Metro Grill looks to be placed near the Movietown Arena. It seems like it will be a decently sized restuarant due to the food description but no building is on the map nor was there a building there last season. Thats something Ill be interested in seeing come April 1

- JUSTICE LEAGUE headquarters store has been renamed to GOTHAM CITY gifts. This probably means nothing but maybe it could be a hint to a rename of GOTHAM CITY gifts.

some other things to note are

-The park finally got some sense and put Ka's description as "Tallest and Fastest coaster in North America" not the world

- Shore Snacks will be giving out Nathan's hot dogs, and the original Nathan's has been replaced by the new cheesesteak place.

-Plymouth Rock Arena is back to Northern Star arena.

- (as noted above) Runaway Mine Train is back as "Runaway Train."

- A new 10$ and Below store in Golden Kingdom near El Toro.

Looks like they're completely redoing the Chiller part of Old Country. Some things I've noted about the area from the map are

-Munchopolis looks like it will be placed in the building where they have the little Fright Fest store, I forget the name

-Metro Grill looks to be placed near the Movietown Arena. It seems like it will be a decently sized restuarant due to the food description but no building is on the map nor was there a building there last season. Thats something Ill be interested in seeing come April 1

- JUSTICE LEAGUE headquarters store has been renamed to GOTHAM CITY gifts. This probably means nothing but maybe it could be a hint to a rename of GOTHAM CITY gifts.

some other things to note are

-The park finally got some sense and put Ka's description as "Tallest and Fastest coaster in North America" not the world

- Shore Snacks will be giving out Nathan's hot dogs, and the original Nathan's has been replaced by the new cheesesteak place.

-Plymouth Rock Arena is back to Northern Star arena.

- (as noted above) Runaway Mine Train is back as "Runaway Train."

- A new 10$ and Below store in Golden Kingdom near El Toro.

It should never have changed to Runaway "mine" train to begin with. The ride dont have any tunnels or themeing. Im very happy it want back to what it used to be.

It should never have changed to Runaway "mine" train to begin with. The ride dont have any tunnels or themeing. Im very happy it want back to what it used to be.

Its amazing how knowing this is Danny now makes your posts bearable.

I've ridden one half of Lightnin' Loops, and I don't think Great Adventure is missing much. It was one of those that I wanted to ride because it was so different from anything I'd ridden before, but it was awful. Replacing it with a boomerang would be an upgrade.

I realize I'm a few pages too late but to add T Express was closed for annual winter maintenance and nothing to do with whatever is going on with Collosos. It and the water rides close every year for around 2 months and they get the annual maintenance done then because the temperature is so cold that it isn't allowed to open most days anyway. The English website always sucks at updating but Samsung have bigger issues than updating a page i'm sure. If you look at the Korean site they are advertising the reopening.

^ @Garet thank you for that! The insufferable whiners over @ the GAdv Connoisseurs FB group were just going on about how T Express was having problems and how it was tied to Colossus and insinuating the other prefabs would have issues too, with no source to back any of these claims up (of course). Good to hear it from a local its running like usual.

Also, 10 days y'all!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]