Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1781 - Twisted Timbers Media Day Report w/ POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby eddie200330 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 pm

bull24471 wrote:
Coaster_Fanatic wrote:Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds

I think the race will not make much difference since it is calling for rain Saturday. Can not remember if it is a night race or not.

The race is Saturday night. That might make Saturday be the better bet as everyone will be outta there that night and leave almost 100,000 people to contemplate stopping at the park Sunday.......
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:45 pm

eddie200330 wrote:
bull24471 wrote:
Coaster_Fanatic wrote:Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds

I think the race will not make much difference since it is calling for rain Saturday. Can not remember if it is a night race or not.

The race is Saturday night. That might make Saturday be the better bet as everyone will be outta there that night and leave almost 100,000 people to contemplate stopping at the park Sunday.......

Good thing we're planning to go next week.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby bull24471 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:40 pm

The Swings are still in Kidsville and running this morning. Besides the on and off rain showers not bad of a day for almost walk on rides. Dominator was a little busy this morning but was a walk on by 5pm. Anaconda was the same all day long And I305 was walk on at 11:00 and 4:00 to day. 305 was a bit of a stinger when the rain fell and doing 93 mph but for the most part me and the Step son had a blast on it. Did find out for sure that Shockwave is out of my coaster list now. My Shoulders are to wide for me to get in the restraints but no biggie I was riding this coaster back when it was new till a few years ago so had my far share of trips on it.
Did find out why Rebel Yell is only running 1 side right now there re tracking the side closest to the Farris wheel. Hope to see it back up and running by summer.

Windseeker was running good today even though I did not ride it or get to see the lights on it . Drop Tower running when rain let up or there was people on it. I do remember someone saying the Pizza was better this year and I have to agree it is better but Stouffer out of a box isn't the greatest but did fill a hollow spot. We stayed till after 5 by then the girls where cold 1 had lost her voice and I was getting pian waves in my left knee. ( Damn old age syndrome ) Got a few pic's to throw up later on after resizing ....

Bull This fat boy can ride I305 .... :lol:

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear I wasn't hallucinating Swing-A-Round and it's still there. I'm quite jealous of the walk-ons today.

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Intimidator305 wrote:Thanks for the update. Glad to hear I wasn't hallucinating Swing-A-Round and it's still there. I'm quite jealous of the walk-ons today.

Yeah,if the weather holds out that won't be the case next weekend....looking forward to the pics.

Postby bull24471 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:08 pm

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
Intimidator305 wrote:Thanks for the update. Glad to hear I wasn't hallucinating Swing-A-Round and it's still there. I'm quite jealous of the walk-ons today.

Yeah,if the weather holds out that won't be the case next weekend....looking forward to the pics.

Sorry to say pics are a bust lost them somewhere in windows Vista. lol Yea it was nice Saturday with all the walk ons . Also forgot to tell you all white and red trains on Backlot were running. As soon as I fine those blasted pics I will get them up...

Postby bull24471 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:04 am

Here are the few pics I got today and earlier this month this is the reason there is sunny day pics in this batch....

Swing in Kids.jpg
And yes the Swings are still in kidsville as seen here and operating.
Must shot anytime coming in the park.jpg
Must pic of the fountains
resized dom.jpg
Outside park Gates of Dominator
Dom 1.jpg
Dominator first drop
dom2.jpg
The last of the pics I found in this crazy computer of mine for Dominator
I305 and Andaconda Lift Hills.jpg
I 305 and Anaconda Lift hills. Oh by the way I rode I305 today for the first time and barely greyed on it. Rob was right that Coaster is intense and good thing lines where less than 5 minutes to none.
My Stepson on Richocet.jpg
My Step son on Ricochet earlier this April
backlot.jpg
Backlot from 9th of April when White train Valley. Was tooking while eatting a dang $7 bacon Cheese burger .
Dodgem to Shockwave.jpg
Pic from Dodgem to Shockwave

I know not many Pics but like I said some of the 30 pics I took are lost .

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:25 am

bull24471 wrote:
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:

Sorry to say pics are a bust lost them somewhere in windows Vista. lol Yea it was nice Saturday with all the walk ons . Also forgot to tell you all white and red trains on Backlot were running. As soon as I fine those blasted pics I will get them up...

So backlot is now up to full capacity with all three trains running?

Postby bull24471 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:34 am

Found a few more pics of first week park was open...
Me on Dodgem.jpg
Yep that be me in the white shirt and tinted glasses. Now you all know why I asked the questions about fat people seats on rides..:lmao:
458933_2812614248366_1649070430_2012058_391398332_o.jpg
Front of park outside the Gates
458933_2812614368369_1649070430_2012059_1420861230_o.jpg
SNOOPY!!!!!!! What I heard out of right ear before I was deafen from my girlfriend screaming his name. :lmao:
Pic fromEiffle tower.jpg
Like I said cell phone doesn't justice to the park.

Postby bull24471 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:41 am

[/quote]So backlot is now up to full capacity with all three trains running?[/quote]

Blue is still no where to be found . Red and White were running Saturday.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!