Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1643--Battle for Kings Dominion game
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster_Fanatic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds
My Top 5 Coasters - 1). El Toro 2). Intimidator 305 3). Thunderhead 4). Kingda Ka 5). Apollo's Chariot

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby bull24471 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:24 pm

Coaster_Fanatic wrote:Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds

I think the race will not make much difference since it is calling for rain Saturday. Can not remember if it is a night race or not.

Bull This fat boy can ride I305 .... :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 pm

bull24471 wrote:
Coaster_Fanatic wrote:Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds

I think the race will not make much difference since it is calling for rain Saturday. Can not remember if it is a night race or not.

Good thing I'm going on the 5th,just hope the weather cooperates as it's not looking good on accuweather's extended forecast.

I really think we'll see a kidzville expansion in 2013,or at least something for the kids to replace the cave,I just remembered that the tree swing ride was removed earlier in the year just prior to opening weekend so a much needed PS add on seems to be in the works which makes perfect sense since the kids area hasn't seen anything new since 2004 & many of the kiddie rides have been around since the park's opening back in 1975.

I wonder might we be seeing ghoster coaster be rethemed to woodstock express?

Postby bull24471 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 pm

I am not repeating any rumors or here say but I think Kidsville will be next to be updated and have a makeover. Like what was said before there are rides there as old as I am and I am now 39. Heck next time I am back home see if Mom still has some Pics of me riding those jeeps and such. I did notice the other week the kids swings where gone . Just hope it isn't just a signs and paint job deal and here you go folks. ;)

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 am

bull24471 wrote:I am not repeating any rumors or here say but I think Kidsville will be next to be updated and have a makeover. Like what was said before there are rides there as old as I am and I am now 39. Heck next time I am back home see if Mom still has some Pics of me riding those jeeps and such. I did notice the other week the kids swings where gone . Just hope it isn't just a signs and paint job deal and here you go folks. ;)

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

I'd really like to see them open up that path where the smoking area by Dominator is so you don't have to walk all the way down to the east end just to get back into the park to go toward the south end.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:48 am

bull24471 wrote:I am not repeating any rumors or here say but I think Kidsville will be next to be updated and have a makeover. Like what was said before there are rides there as old as I am and I am now 39. Heck next time I am back home see if Mom still has some Pics of me riding those jeeps and such. I did notice the other week the kids swings where gone . Just hope it isn't just a signs and paint job deal and here you go folks. ;)

I could not agree more. The kids area could use a serious face lift. I will admit though I feel like cedar Fair is doing well with the upkeep of the park. I think my favorite part of the whole park walk way wise would be the vines tunnel. Its so pretty.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steel: Maverick - CP
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler - SFFT

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coaster_Fanatic » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 pm

I am a little concerned why I saw the tree swings on the 9th... :p

And the Kidzville area is the most trashiest part of Kings Dominion. With Cedar Fair making all of the improvements to the park, Kidzville is most likely the next thing they will fix up
My Top 5 Coasters - 1). El Toro 2). Intimidator 305 3). Thunderhead 4). Kingda Ka 5). Apollo's Chariot

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 pm

I also walked through KidZville when I was there earlier this season and could have sworn that "Swing-A-Round" was operational as well, but then again there is a slight chance I could be wrong. I know last year they were down for most of the season with the swings removed and everything. Also, on the park's website http://www.kingsdominion.com/things-to-do/kidzville it no longer says that the ride is temporarily closed.

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Intimidator305 wrote:I also walked through KidZville when I was there earlier this season and could have sworn that "Swing-A-Round" was operational as well, but then again there is a slight chance I could be wrong. I know last year they were down for most of the season with the swings removed and everything. Also, on the park's website http://www.kingsdominion.com/things-to-do/kidzville it no longer says that the ride is temporarily closed.

Someone needs to get some better pics of that area to be sure.I hardly cut through that section as I tend to go down the back path towards congo from Dominator so I havn't really seen what's going on.

Postby bull24471 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:13 pm

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
Intimidator305 wrote:I also walked through KidZville when I was there earlier this season and could have sworn that "Swing-A-Round" was operational as well, but then again there is a slight chance I could be wrong. I know last year they were down for most of the season with the swings removed and everything. Also, on the park's website http://www.kingsdominion.com/things-to-do/kidzville it no longer says that the ride is temporarily closed.

Someone needs to get some better pics of that area to be sure.I hardly cut through that section as I tend to go down the back path towards congo from Dominator so I havn't really seen what's going on.

I will let you all Know Tomorrow ......... :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!