Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 1145: Soak City Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Intimidator305 wrote:Yet at KD the people merge in the station so in reality it hardly affects your wait at all with the exception of Volcano (and that only allows 2 rides using FL per day now)...

I don't consider using the disabled guest entrance on some rides such as intimidator as "merging" into the station,it's more like cutting the line entirely.Now if they were to merge the lines somewhere in the middle instead of creating a seperate queue then it'd be a bit more fair but still the park shouldn't be offering the ability to bypass the lines at all just because someone pays to do so & I'm not the only one who's not happy with this as there were plenty of other guests in line for the rides we went on who were just as unhappy seeing a whole bunch of people cutting the lines as we were.

Even if the system were free I still wouldn't use it,there should only be one access point for all rides & nobody should be given preference just because they pay extra to do so.I still don't ride volcano & never did all that much even before the system was added simply because the ride is boring & "sucks" in my opinion,now I know that may offend a lot of KD fanboys here who think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread(in the coaster world) but not everyone likes it for their own reasons.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 pm

You've made your views quite clear. Please give them a rest, lest you wear them out. Everybody understands your feelings about Fast Lane.

In fact, I think everyone should give Fast Lane a rest for a while.
Last edited by cfc on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:15 pm.

I'm Coasting for Kids at Kings Dominion this year! Donate here!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:19 pm

^I agree. We might have to start handing out time-outs. Fast Lane is happening, if you don't like it, it is time to get over it and move on.

If someone wants to ask a question about a specific detail on how Fast Lane works, that is fine. But any other discussion about why you don't like it, will be deleted and your account could possibly be suspended.
Last edited by ernierocker on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:20 pm.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby bull24471 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Not being noisy but who all planing a trip to KD this weekend?? Where planning Saturday or Sunday . ;)

Bull This fat boy can ride I305 .... :lol:

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:51 am

bull24471 wrote:Not being noisy but who all planing a trip to KD this weekend?? Where planning Saturday or Sunday . ;)

Going on may 5th....hope to get a night ride in on windseeker this time.

Postby bull24471 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:22 am

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
bull24471 wrote:Not being noisy but who all planing a trip to KD this weekend?? Where planning Saturday or Sunday . ;)

Heck yea that be wild to see it in action at night. I work every other weekend so I try to get go when I can.

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:06 pm

bull24471 wrote:
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:

Heck yea that be wild to see it in action at night. I work every other weekend so I try to get go when I can.

Yeah,I got a few distant shots of the lights & sign while taking a detour over there from FOF around closing on april 7th bu hope to get more next time around...perhaps I'll shoot some video this time since I only had my cell with me on my last visit.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coaster_Fanatic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds
My Top 5 Coasters - 1). El Toro 2). Intimidator 305 3). Thunderhead 4). Kingda Ka 5). Apollo's Chariot

Postby bull24471 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:24 pm

Coaster_Fanatic wrote:Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds

I think the race will not make much difference since it is calling for rain Saturday. Can not remember if it is a night race or not.

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 pm

bull24471 wrote:
Coaster_Fanatic wrote:Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds

I think the race will not make much difference since it is calling for rain Saturday. Can not remember if it is a night race or not.

Good thing I'm going on the 5th,just hope the weather cooperates as it's not looking good on accuweather's extended forecast.

I really think we'll see a kidzville expansion in 2013,or at least something for the kids to replace the cave,I just remembered that the tree swing ride was removed earlier in the year just prior to opening weekend so a much needed PS add on seems to be in the works which makes perfect sense since the kids area hasn't seen anything new since 2004 & many of the kiddie rides have been around since the park's opening back in 1975.

I wonder might we be seeing ghoster coaster be rethemed to woodstock express?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!