Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 1073: KD announces plans for 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby bull24471 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:41 am

[/quote]So backlot is now up to full capacity with all three trains running?[/quote]

Blue is still no where to be found . Red and White were running Saturday.

Bull This fat boy can ride I305 .... :lol:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Intimidator305 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:08 am

I'm glad to hear Backlot now has 2 trains running as it is one of the most popular family rides in the park.

Postby bull24471 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:21 am

Intimidator305 wrote:I'm glad to hear Backlot now has 2 trains running as it is one of the most popular family rides in the park.

I agree 100% on the family ride deal. This year is the first time I have ha the chance to ride Backlot and I am not a bit Disappointed.I hope they do get all 3 trains running on Backlot due to the line gets long by about 12. I did notice something yesterday when riding Anaconda . Was riding mid train and going up the lift hill it made a loud bang on are car. Scared my Girlfriend made me jump a little. Now I am no expert on the mechanics of a roller coaster but don't think it should be doing that. Maybe it was a one time thing where chain slipped since it had just rained.

Postby Hugecoltsfan » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 am

bull24471 wrote:I agree 100% on the family ride deal. This year is the first time I have ha the chance to ride Backlot and I am not a bit Disappointed.I hope they do get all 3 trains running on Backlot due to the line gets long by about 12. I did notice something yesterday when riding Anaconda . Was riding mid train and going up the lift hill it made a loud bang on are car. Scared my Girlfriend made me jump a little. Now I am no expert on the mechanics of a roller coaster but don't think it should be doing that. Maybe it was a one time thing where chain slipped since it had just rained.

I've heard that bang on Anaconda also. I was riding it last year middle train with my friend, when we heard and felt it under our car.
12 PARKS: 49 COASTERS

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Hugecoltsfan wrote:
bull24471 wrote:I agree 100% on the family ride deal. This year is the first time I have ha the chance to ride Backlot and I am not a bit Disappointed.I hope they do get all 3 trains running on Backlot due to the line gets long by about 12. I did notice something yesterday when riding Anaconda . Was riding mid train and going up the lift hill it made a loud bang on are car. Scared my Girlfriend made me jump a little. Now I am no expert on the mechanics of a roller coaster but don't think it should be doing that. Maybe it was a one time thing where chain slipped since it had just rained.

I've heard that bang on Anaconda also. I was riding it last year middle train with my friend, when we heard and felt it under our car.

That doesn't sound good.

Havn't gotten on anaconda yet this year so I havn't heard it yet.It could've been just one of the anti-rollbacks bouncing along the ratchet though.I've heard loub bangs from I305 & avalanche while on the lift too so I'm sure it's not uncommon.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby imawesome1124 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:55 pm

I've heard bangs on rides too. I'm sure it isn't something to worry about. With so many things moving like the chain and chain dog and anti-rollback ratchet things probably will slip and bounce and make a bang noise. Granted, I don't know the exact mechanics of this but it can't be serious if multiple people have experienced it.

Postby bull24471 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:35 pm

imawesome1124 wrote:I've heard bangs on rides too. I'm sure it isn't something to worry about. With so many things moving like the chain and chain dog and anti-rollback ratchet things probably will slip and bounce and make a bang noise. Granted, I don't know the exact mechanics of this but it can't be serious if multiple people have experienced it.

I heard the same on 305 yesterday but only when it was pouring down rain. I chalked it up to a roll back popping up as well. But when my hearing impaired Girl friend can hear it it was loud.... :lol:

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby megametal » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Just got to say today was a perfect day to be at KD. No lines (except for Boo Blasters), great weather... I got in everything with re-rides by 4 o'clock! Season pass processing was the fastest it's ever been.

Now if only I could find out why starting last year I feel so queasy after riding The Crypt. Never used to happen. Guess I'll have to start taking Dramamine before I go to the parks.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:16 pm

megametal wrote:Just got to say today was a perfect day to be at KD. No lines (except for Boo Blasters), great weather... I got in everything with re-rides by 4 o'clock! Season pass processing was the fastest it's ever been.

Now if only I could find out why starting last year I feel so queasy after riding The Crypt. Never used to happen. Guess I'll have to start taking Dramamine before I go to the parks.

Funny you mention that because I felt the same way after riding the eagles on opening weekend.

Postby bull24471 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:44 pm

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
megametal wrote:Just got to say today was a perfect day to be at KD. No lines (except for Boo Blasters), great weather... I got in everything with re-rides by 4 o'clock! Season pass processing was the fastest it's ever been.

Funny you mention that because I felt the same way after riding the eagles on opening weekend.

I get queasy just watching the dang thing.... :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!