Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1781 - Twisted Timbers Media Day Report w/ POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:41 am

^There was a taco truck in Candy Apple Grove near Racer a few weeks ago.

The only way to do Tollway Terror without a fairly long wait is to get Fright Lane and queue up for the ride when it just starts getting dark (not as much fun in broad daylight).

You're right about the "artistry" in the mazes. I think Knott's is a pretty strong influence on the other Cedar Fair Haunts (but the talent used is variable).
Last edited by cfc on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:42 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm

^^ I think it's next to the dinning hall at the front of the park. ;-)

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:53 pm

thrillrider wrote:^Where in the park is the "foot" truck? ;)

Good catch.

The Mambo Burger food truck was near the rear of Candy Apple Grove, next to the Taco truck and smoking zone, and across from the Beer truck, near Racer 75/Windseeker/Twist&Shop.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lgboogie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:44 am

Anyone know anything about the bonus day on Saturday Nov 3? They added it to their schedule a few weeks ago, don't know if it will be Haunt or not. Was hoping for one last visit without the Haunt crowds.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 am

The park closes at 8 and that day isn't on their Haunt calendar, so I'd assume no Haunt that day.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Yubstep101 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Does anyone have an idea if Twisted Timbers or Intimidator 305 operate in the rain? I'm planning on heading down for the first time this weekend.
Top 10 Steel: 1. Fury 325 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4.Twisted Timbers 5. Wicked Cyclone 6. Millennium Force 7. Skyrush 8. Iron Rattler 9.Goliath SFOG 10. Lightning Run

Top 10 Wood: 1. El Toro 2. Lightning Rod 3. Mystic Timbers
4. The Voyage 5. The Beast 6. Goliath SFGAM 7. Shivering Timbers 8. American Thunder 9. Hades 360 10. Prowler
Coaster Count: 207

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lgboogie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Yubstep101 wrote:Does anyone have an idea if Twisted Timbers or Intimidator 305 operate in the rain? I'm planning on heading down for the first time this weekend.

When I went in July it was pouring most of the day and they were both running although I passed on Intimidator, the rain hurts super bad at 90 mph

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BeansproutMidget » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 am

Yubstep101 wrote:Does anyone have an idea if Twisted Timbers or Intimidator 305 operate in the rain? I'm planning on heading down for the first time this weekend.

Looking at the Saturday forecast, I305 will probably be up before TT will. Traditionally, we can run in the rain (lacking thunder of course). However, we find that one train tends run better than the other in the rain, and depending on how MUCH rain there is, we may stop for and wait for the rain to die down until we get the go-ahead to reopen.
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...
Kings Dominion Ride Attendant(2018) - Intimidator 305

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Yubstep101 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:57 pm

Another question, are Cedar Fair Halloween events generally better than Six Flags ones? Or are they on the same page? Granted it's nowhere near the level of Universal, but how comparable are they to one another?
Top 10 Steel: 1. Fury 325 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4.Twisted Timbers 5. Wicked Cyclone 6. Millennium Force 7. Skyrush 8. Iron Rattler 9.Goliath SFOG 10. Lightning Run

Top 10 Wood: 1. El Toro 2. Lightning Rod 3. Mystic Timbers
4. The Voyage 5. The Beast 6. Goliath SFGAM 7. Shivering Timbers 8. American Thunder 9. Hades 360 10. Prowler
Coaster Count: 207

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:53 pm

I've done haunt at most Cedar Fair parks multiple times, and a few different Six Flags fright fests the past few years, but stopped doing the mazes in most recent years at Six Flags: A. Because they are an additional charge and B. The quality of all the ones I have been in were truly awful.

That being said, some of the Cedar Fair haunts have been growing stale, and we had some pretty bad walkthroughs at Cedar Point this year, but we always go early in the season when we don't have to worry about lines or crowds. Doing either chain in October will probably require a Fright Lane/ Express Pass if you want to keep your sanity. I don't think any maze at either chain is worth more than a 30 min wait at an absolute max, but that's my opinion.

Cedar Fair is way ahead of Six Flags, but after doing tons of local haunts around the country, what they offer isn't nearly as great as some of the places we have been to. But for an amusement park, they are pretty good.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!