Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1781 - Twisted Timbers Media Day Report w/ POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:41 pm

^Ancestors of mine are in both of the graveyards on Kings Dominion property. Their house was burned by the fire department after the land was sold to the park.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby SkyToro » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:41 am

At the park in line for Twisted Timbers. They're only running one train and it looks to be about a 45 minute wait. Someone with an RMC shirt is walking around the maintenance areas and on the transfer track. There's also 2 sets of brake fins on a workbench next to the transfer track. My guess is they're in the process of installing more agressive brakes.
Former Dorney Park Team Leader (Rides) & Area Supervisor (HAUNT)
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Twisted Timbers 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Skyrush 7. Fury 325 8. Intimidator 305 9. Millennium Force 10. Wicked Cyclone 11. Storm Runner 12. Fahrenheit 13. Phoenix 14. Afterburn 15. Mind Bender

Postby Vonni » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:03 pm

I tried looking up the graveyards on the property but couldn't find anything. I find this incredibly fascinating! Could someone please provide me with more information/pictures? Cemetery enthusiasm is second to my roller coaster enthusiasm lol!

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:53 pm

^The more hidden graveyard is called Cedar Hill Cemetery, and I believe there are other graves in the parking lot. Here's a site that shows Cedar Hill Cemetery on a map with some pics. Here is some more information, including directions.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Whodey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:22 pm

Slightly off topic but if your into grave sites you should look into the two graves in the middle of the Savannah airport runway.

Also I went to the park last Friday and the workers were saying they were doing a wheel change on the trains is why they were on single train ops.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Rayj » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:14 pm

Any update on Volcano reopening? I plan on going in August and hope that it’s open by then.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Whodey » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Ride Ops on I305 said they were told mid July.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Skittles » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:28 am

Hi TPR,

As a stop on my summer trip, I'll be visiting Kings Dominion on Tuesday, July 17th. How should crowds be? Is there a good itinerary for how to get each credit, and are there any notable non-coaster rides that I should check out?

Thanks!
Coaster Count - 91

Top 10 under construction as I'm on my trip.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:47 am

I think I'd hit Twisted Timbers first. Normally, I'd recommend Volcano, due to its capacity, but I think it's currently down for the count. You shouldn't have any big problems on a weekday. The park has a shooting dark ride, too (Boo Blasters) and a decent log ride.
Last edited by cfc on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:48 am.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:24 pm

^^ I agree with Chuck, Boo Blasters is a lot of fun (it's kind of hidden near Snoopyville) and also air conditioned. The Shenandoah log flume is really nice and won't get you soaked. Rebel Yell (Racer 75) is running fantastically well this year so don't skip it and if you are looking for another AC break the show by the Cirque Dreams Origins show by the antique cars/Grizzly is pretty good. The Eiffel Tower has great views. Make sure to stay super hydrated, the park is really hot and especially in areas where it's pavement and just reflects the heat back up at you.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!