Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 1265 - Brews & BBQ Fest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Cedar Fair seems to really like hypers these days. With B&M hyper track seen at the plant in Ohio rumored to go to Carowinds and these supports looking more Intamin-ish, maybe they've downsized and are going with...America's first Mega-Lite!?

I have severe vegetarian

Postby CreditCrazy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Goliath513 wrote:Cedar Fair seems to really like hypers these days. With B&M hyper track seen at the plant in Ohio rumored to go to Carowinds and these supports looking more Intamin-ish, maybe they've downsized and are going with...America's first Mega-Lite!?

I think a mega-lite would be great for KD. That is my guess for this coaster. A hyper-coaster pretty much eliminates any chance of the ride being family friendly for a gp family. A mega-lite on the other hand, does not look nearly as thrilling (even though it probably is) and could in a way be looked at as not too scary for anyone scared of coasters going to KD. It'd also take up less room (even though KD has a ton) giving KD more room for future expansions and it'd probably be better (rating-wise) than a hyper-coaster anyway.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:52 pm

if any coaster that saves space it would be a hyper (non twisting hyper) and a shuttle...

Hypers can be built over any and all existing structures. Look at 'over ga for an example with goliath. The park didnt change pretty much anything except for the great gasp and the starship. There was no massive land clearing or anything.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby raptor6 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Dang! It seems that every time that I visit a new park, they seem to get some great new ride the next season. So anyone have suggestions as to where I should go next year?

Some examples of my poor timing:

Hershey Park (with Fahrenheit)
Dorney Park (with Voodoo)
Six Flags New England (with Bizarro)
Six Flags Great America (with Dark Knight)
Darien Lake (with Motocoaster)
Kings Island (with Diamondback)
King Dominion (with ???)

I went to Kings Dominion over Memorial Day weekend, and unfortunately did not see any of these supports. I'll keep my eyes peeled for next time.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DougSD » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:05 pm

It will be interseting to see what Cedar Fair has chosen to build. In this economy, you would think they would hold off building anymore major rides. Maybe this one isn't going to be huge like most automatically expect?

I think it's good Cedar Fair is giving the Paramount parks some attention. They just need to make sure they don't forget the other parks in the chain besides the old Paramount Parks.
-Doug Sisk
blahasrgavhx Partner, Founder
Web Designer & Developer | Twitter @DougSD

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:39 pm

Did anyone brave the elements today & visit the park to get an update on the construction/delivery progress?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby redfoot12 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 pm

"Brave" is the right word. I don't know about NoVa but the rain was crazy today.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:02 pm

redfoot12 wrote:"Brave" is the right word. I don't know about NoVa but the rain was crazy today.

Ohh we've had our fair share of rain up here too....just a couple days ago it was pouring down buckets of rain.

So has anyone managed to go today now that conditions have improved?

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:29 pm

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
redfoot12 wrote:"Brave" is the right word. I don't know about NoVa but the rain was crazy today.

Ohh we've had our fair share of rain up here too....just a couple days ago it was pouring down buckets of rain.

So has anyone managed to go today now that conditions have improved?

Do we really NEED daily updates? Honestly, an update once a week or so is plenty at this point.

It's sad that some of us have got to that point where it is so urgent that we need updates every single day to crack the mystery of what this (or any other) new coaster is.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby redfoot12 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:17 am

Yeah, I'm not too sure what people can glean from anything until actual track pieces arrive, and even then we'll never know the full scope until an official announcement is made.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!