Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1781 - Twisted Timbers Media Day Report w/ POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: CoasterNerd87 and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Ass is another word for Donkey!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Per the discussions on Volcano status, just thought you would all like to know that they have completely removed all mention of it from the Coaster Con schedule. Con will be at KD on the 19th and 20th. So they are obviously not optimistic it will be open by then.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Condor » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:23 pm

So then it appears I'll be at KD the same day as coaster con. I had no idea. I don't know how to feel about this. :lol:

Does anyone know how many people ACE events usually attract? Was going to wait and see about Fastlane once I got there. Now I'm wondering if it may make sense to buy ahead.

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:38 pm

There are going to be about 500 participants. Get the fastlane plus, which if you only have one day I would advise even if there wasn't an event. Most participants probably will not get FL due to ert on almost every coaster before or after park opening.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:41 pm

^ To my knowledge, Cedar Fair parks don't sell out of FastLanes like a Dollywood does with their TimeSavers. Can anyone confirm? I usually just buy day of at Cedar Fair parks if I find it necessary.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Coney Island

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:09 pm

They have sold out at cedarpoint a few times, but not often. In my opinion, the cap is too high on how many they sell.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:22 am

thrillrider wrote:In my opinion, the cap is too high on how many they sell.

Not being a fan of the system to begin with, I definitely agree with this! Lower the price, and lower the cap, that's what I would do...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 am

Is there a place on the Kings Dominion website where we can find out when rides are going to be down or refurbished? Or will we just find out when we get to the park?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby appel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:28 am

teacherkim wrote:Per the discussions on Volcano status, just thought you would all like to know that they have completely removed all mention of it from the Coaster Con schedule. Con will be at KD on the 19th and 20th. So they are obviously not optimistic it will be open by then.

Just got an email from Kings Dominion stating that they do not expect to open Volcano anytime soon.....seems there are some major headaches with the ride....well, it's an Intamin.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am

I'm heading out to KD late July/early August. I know there is plenty to do here, but Volcano is a coaster I've been particularly excited for. Hope they figure it out.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby appel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:I'm heading out to KD late July/early August. I know there is plenty to do here, but Volcano is a coaster I've been particularly excited for. Hope they figure it out.

I told them that we are going in late August and they still were not sure about Volcano......

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!