Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1781 - Twisted Timbers Media Day Report w/ POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: SLCHeadache, thrillrider and 26 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 pm

^We had the Dining Plan when we went, so we didn't pay $15 for it. But I absolutely would, if I went again and didn't have the plan! I loved the Mac N Cheese bowl, and all the yummy topping options! One of my favorite park foods I've ever had a an amusement park! (Not including fancier theme parks, to be clear.)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:27 am

THANK YOU, steamedturtle!! That is exactly what I was looking for.

I think our plan will be to head for Twisted Timbers first, and then try to knock out Volcano, Flight of Fear and I305 before the lines get too long.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:22 am

Definitely go for Twisted Timbers early since it was having some problems early in the year and it'd be a bummer if you miss it. As others have said, Volcano will have the longest line so it's smart to hit that early. While I305 won't get a crazy long line, it is an Intamin so it'd be wise to hit it early just in case the cable doesn't decide to play nice.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy and Lake Compounce

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby x2isawesome » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:23 am

I was just there Tuesday and also second going to timbers first but make sure to come back later. It seemed to run much better in the afternoon than the morning when it had time to warm up. Also make sure to ride i305 as many times as possible. It's an absolute masterpiece and blows my mind the locals don't seem to know what they have.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:03 pm

yodelo wrote:THANK YOU, steamedturtle!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I think our plan will be to head for Twisted Timbers first, and then try to knock out Volcano, Flight of Fear and I305 before the lines get too long.

FYI the word on the street is Volcano will be down for a while more which sucks because it spent the majority of last summer broken and is IMO the most fun ride in the park. I'll be there in a couple weeks so hopefully it opens up for both of us!

I-305 never has a line... ever... but even if all the switchbacks are filled it's only a 35 min wait. Flight of Fear can get decent lines though. Don't forget to hit up Boo Blasters which is really fun and air conditioned. Have a great time and please be sure to post a little update/TR of your visit!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby yodelo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:54 pm

In general, how long will lines be for the big attractions if I go on Saturday June 23rd? like will any coaster be 60+ minutes? Are most of them 20-30 minutes?

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby steamedturtle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Yeah, most will be 20-30 minutes even if it's busy. TT and FoF could potentially be over 60 mins though.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bill_s » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm

The main crowds season starts July 4th weekend so I would think Volcano will be up by then if they have any control over it at all.

As to crowds Sat. Jun 23, shouldn't be near as bad as 2 or 3 weeks later, but still when you put Sunday and Saturday next to each other, Saturday sucks it. Both get better late in the day, so if you can be there at both open and close on Saturday (and maybe leave for a while during the hottest part of the day), but not on Sunday, that would offset the difference somewhat. Still, as well as wait times or the cost of fastpass, there's your tolerance for crowds to consider.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:04 am

yodelo wrote:In general, how long will lines be for the big attractions if I go on Saturday June 23rd? like will any coaster be 60+ minutes? Are most of them 20-30 minutes?

Saturday June 23rd is the final day of PointFest, their annual Christian music festival and youth group gathering. My first visit to KD was on a PointFest Saturday (I didn't know in advance) and it was absolutely slam-packed, to the point where the line for Dominator was all the way back out to the sign. It was an absolute nightmare and the only thing that got us through the day was Fast Lane Plus. If you don't want to splurge for that, I recommend waiting until Sunday instead.
That coaster dad [308] and that coaster kiddo [159]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bill_s » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:12 pm

^^-- That's Kingsfest. But good Point anyway.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!