Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1781 - Twisted Timbers Media Day Report w/ POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:54 pm

^
I did ride Shenandoah earlier today ;). Nice location, relaxing ride, and didn’t get too wet.

The park has been pretty slow attendance-wise these past two days, the longest I’ve waited for anything was 10 minutes for the flume. Is KD usually this quiet on summer weekdays?
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Does the MCBR bring you to a stop like KI's or do you fly through it?
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:53 pm

^^ Yes

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Rayj » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:14 am

Debating if I want to go to KD or Hershey....volcano being down is kinda pushing me towards Hershey. Also, I’ve never ridden skyrush.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:22 am

Rayj wrote:Debating if I want to go to KD or Hershey....volcano being down is kinda pushing me towards Hershey. Also, I’ve never ridden skyrush.

DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby bert425 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

KD has so much more to offer than just "Volcano". but Hersheypark is wonderful too.

really can't go wrong with either choice.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:43 am

^ Yea, Bert's right. Kings Dominion is a great park, even without Volcano, and if you choose to visit it you will have a great time. Personally, I feel Hersheypark edges it out due to the more rounded experience (including Chocolate World), so I'll always recommend that more, but it's up to you.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby alilstronger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Rayj wrote:Debating if I want to go to KD or Hershey....volcano being down is kinda pushing me towards Hershey. Also, I’ve never ridden skyrush.

I find the coasters at KD more thrilling. Hershey I go for the whole 'experience'.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:55 pm

coasterbill wrote:Glad you're having fun. Ride the Log Flume. Ignore these haters.

^Listen to this man!

bobbie68 wrote: We were suppose to stop at Carowinds on the way home but after I305 my daughter was a little hesitant to go on Fury325. That was the main reason to stop there. We also changed hotels so much that the thought of doing two more for a couple of hours didn't appeal to me. I hope to get there at some point. I hear great things about that ride.

I actually said "oh no!" out loud when I read that you skipped Carowinds! Fury325 could not be more different than Intimidator305. Besides the height they have nothing in common. They are made by very different ride manufacturers, have completely different train styles, Fury is fast but smooth and fun and not trying to drain your body of life like I305 does. Fury is like a smoother Millennium Force with a bit more pizzazz in the first half elements. Definitely stop there next time to ride it! You both will love it.

I'll be traveling down south myself in a few weeks and will be making a stop at Carowinds for some Fury action. I'll say hi to Fury for you if you say hi to my beloved Millennium Force for me! ;)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:37 pm

alilstronger wrote:

I find the coasters at KD more thrilling. Hershey I go for the whole 'experience'.

I think the rides are a close contest. I like the park at Hershey more -- not flatland etc. However if you're going a random day in July, it also tends to be more crowded and the "experience" at KD could be much more enjoyable.

I'd also say Skyrush is more a must-do than El Toro, Superman the Ride and probably even Phoenix put together.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!