Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1781 - Twisted Timbers Media Day Report w/ POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm

I just removed some flame posts from this thread. If you have a disagreement, I suggest you 1) discuss it via private messages or 2) schedule a death match in a steel cage--just keep it off the forums.

Thank you.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby steamedturtle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:06 am

Was at the park all day yesterday. It rained for half day, and if it wasn't for a couple buses full of kids, the park would have been deserted. The rain was light to moderate between like 11 until 3:30, and KD never shut down any rides. Respect. I wish I had swim goggles for my I305 rides in the ran hah.

All the buses were gone by 6 or so, so I got my first marathon session of TT without having to leave my seat or station. :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:44 am

^ That's awesome they let you stay in the seat on TT. Unfortunately they weren't letting us do that in late April even with an empty station. Was there a cap on the number of consecutive rerides like I305?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 am

I wish more parks would allow re-rides if no one is waiting for those seats. Used to happen all the time when I was growing up.
Original Maverick '99

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby steamedturtle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 am

In 6 visits this season, the only ride that's actually enforced a reride rule was Dominator, and it was just 1 reride. Yesterday, the ride ops had zero f*cks to give, and no such rule was enforced on any ride. Yesterday you could have reridden I305 until there was no blood left in your brain.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LuckyMom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:10 am

Last year my son and I rode Intimidator 8 times in a row without getting off. As long as no one is in line they usually don't care.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:09 pm

http://nbc12.com/story/38419337/woman-injured-by-flying-cell-phone-on-roller-coaster

poor girl got slammed with a phone to her head. guy claimed it flew out of his pocked.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:37 pm

jtaudioacc wrote:http://nbc12.com/story/38419337/woman-injured-by-flying-cell-phone-on-roller-coaster

poor girl got slammed with a phone to her head. guy claimed it flew out of his pocked.

I feel for her, but at the same time I can't help but feel that it's turned into nothing more than a money grab now. If he had the phone in his pocket(as he claims) how can the park be held responsible? If she is to go after anyone, it would be the guy with the phone.....not the park. I assume the phone was not retrieved by the individual, so his info should be on the phone.

The park posts the rules, and they are clearly posted. They can't enforce what they can't see.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 am

thrillrider wrote:
jtaudioacc wrote:http://nbc12.com/story/38419337/woman-injured-by-flying-cell-phone-on-roller-coaster

I feel for her, but at the same time I can't help but feel that it's turned into nothing more than a money grab now. If he had the phone in his pocket(as he claims) how can the park be held responsible? If she is to go after anyone, it would be the guy with the phone.....not the park. I assume the phone was not retrieved by the individual, so his info should be on the phone.

The park posts the rules, and they are clearly posted. They can't enforce what they can't see.

Sucks she got hit, but I hope she doesn't get a dime from the park. Go after the person responsible for the injury, guests need to be held responsible for their stupid actions.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:37 am

What I'm confused about is how she said "I put my phone in the bin" because there is no bin on TT. Did she just make a mistake and say bin instead of fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?
Either way, glad she's alright. I had a phone coming straight for my face on Steel Vengeance and my friend in front of me was able to block it and throw it on the bottom of the train then step on it so it wouldn't go anywhere. The guy got his phone back safe and sound.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!