Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1781 - Twisted Timbers Media Day Report w/ POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. I'm not going this weekend but I think it looks absolutely amazing and a total blast to ride.

I got the skip the line season pass this year and plan on riding the hell out of it when I go. I'm hoping to get there sometime in April.
Last edited by Satans Hockey on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:46 pm.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:45 pm

I've been stressing all week whether I'm going to fit on the thing. Probably gonna shoot down after work friday and walk straight to the test seat and if I can't fit well at least Intimidator 305 will welcome me not the worst trade off! :lol:
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Coaster Count: 113

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:45 am

CoasterAuditor wrote:I've been stressing all week whether I'm going to fit on the thing. Probably gonna shoot down after work friday and walk straight to the test seat and if I can't fit well at least Intimidator 305 will welcome me not the worst trade off! :lol:

Hah!
I'm in the same boat as you. My off-season workout/diet was a bust.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Postby CoasterAuditor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:02 am

Yeah the scale hasn't budged for me in months but at least my waistline is shrinking! If I can get on that would be a solid payoff for a full year in the gym. The only RMC I've ridden is New Texas Giant which to be honest I raised my expectations for it astronomically high so it didn't exactly blow me away (I was expecting El Toro greatness). These more recent RMCs seem a little more aggressive than NTAG is.
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby defrocker » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:56 am

We were planning on going to the park this weekend, but I think weather and other plans are going to get in the way. Oh well, it will be there when I get there, probably early April if nothing else.

As to the test footage, I think it only looks "sluggish" after the final inversion, meaning like the last turn of the ride. At that point who cares? It pretty much tears through the rest of the course. Again, this is cold weather testing so it won't be like this forever. Either way, I feel like odds are good that this will become many people's favorite ride in the park.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:31 am

I'm already down in the area (because I'm a f***ing idiot who booked a non-refundable room for Wednesday night a month ago) and all the snow that got dropped on the park is in the process of melting. It's thin hoodie weather outside with next to no wind and no clouds. I expect a full train of eager riders is going to make this thing absolutely fly tomorrow. Also, it's impossible to judge a ride based off of footage alone; I learned that lesson the hard way from the Skyrush POV. "That's it? It looks boring" quickly became "OH SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII--" when I rode it the first time.
That coaster dad [314] and that coaster kiddo [167]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Apollo's Chariot. Wicked Cyclone. Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wild Eagle.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 am

The weather for KD this weekend looks fine. Its gonna be sunny and a high of almost 50 Saturday, will be 40 when park opens. We're confident enough that we're coming from pretty far. :b

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby defrocker » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 am

Yeah, weather at the park is looking like standard March weather in VA. That being said, my half of the state has empty shelves in the stores where all of the milk and bread should be since we're expecting another 6" of snow Saturday so my trip will wait a week or two.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:55 am

Geesh I saw one review call TT "slow and lethargic" but I assume this has to do with the fact it was ridden in the mid-40s.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:58 am

... or the fact that they invited a bunch of jaded coaster enthusiasts to the event. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!