Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby FirstDropJay » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:21 am

Adding more theming to an already heavily themed area? Oh Phantasialand... :lover:
You gotta enjoy that first drop, you know.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 am

Have they moved Mystic River's queue entrance or do you still enter from the China area?
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby FirstDropJay » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:41 pm

cookiex wrote:Have they moved Mystic River's queue entrance or do you still enter from the China area?

River Quest... ;) The entrance hasn't changed yet and likely won't until later this year (or next off-season).
You gotta enjoy that first drop, you know.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:08 pm

FirstDropJay wrote:River Quest... ;) The entrance hasn't changed yet and likely won't until later this year (or next off-season).

Had it mixed up with Mystery River at Movie Park and even then I got the name wrong. :|

Really dig the plussing they've been doing with the ride with Klugheim opening and the new entrance should be the cherry on top. :)
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby gardyloo! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:21 am

Hey guys, so me and a couple of friends headed to phantasialand last year (near the end of june) and despite being a school day, it still was really busy. So we decided to give it another try this year: april. 19th (a thursday) so....

-is that a good day to visit the park (again schoolday in mid-april)?
-And around what part of the day is taron's line the shortest?
-Any snacks or things, that we might've missed out/overlooked last time, we definitely should check out?
-Any chance anyone knows where to find a good discount for the park :oops: ?

Thanks in advance, we are really looking forward to it, we had a great time last year but, we're really suprised it was so incredibly busy (really until closing time). So, hopefully this time we'll have to park a bit more for ourselves :lmao: .

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fiorell » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:42 am

19th april seems to be a good day to go - except for some parts of france, no holidays nearby.

Regarding discounts: If you are going to visit other parks in the area, you can check out the annual passes from Plopsa (Plopsa Fun Card), Bellewaerde, Hellendoorn, Bobbejaanland or Walibi Belgium. They come with a discount between -40% to -50% for Phantasialand (at least they did last year - you have to check their websites). The annual pass of Europa Park includes a visit to Phantasialand, but is expensive.
--== Last Count: 'Spinning Mouse (Manning)' Winter Wonderland London ==--
Take a seat on the CoasterCouch, a german YouTube channel with Molewurfn & Psycho-Duck!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Taron » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:46 am

^^ You can usualy find some good deals on dutch/belgium sites, like this one for example 37,50€:
http://www.funticket.be/index-nl.aspx

They might do some location checks. I didn't test it myself.

It should also be noted, that the park is running its "pay once, enjoy twice" campaign (Link) in April, which gives you a free second ticket to use at a later day except in July and August. Considering that you seem to usually aim for empty parks this shouldn't be a problem for you anyway. ;) Make sure you keep your ticket after entering and get your second free ticket at Kaiserplatz (Berlin Plaza) from 12am or at the exits after 2pm.

So whether you get a discounted ticket or not, you would be kinda saving money in April anway. :)

Although in german, it's always a good idea to check this german fan forum thread for links to deals: https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/264-phantasialand-verg%C3%BCnstigte-karten-sonderaktionen/?page=39

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby gardyloo! » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:39 am

Fiorell wrote:19th april seems to be a good day to go - except for some parts of france, no holidays nearby.

Regarding discounts: If you are going to visit other parks in the area, you can check out the annual passes from Plopsa (Plopsa Fun Card), Bellewaerde, Hellendoorn, Bobbejaanland or Walibi Belgium. They come with a discount between -40% to -50% for Phantasialand (at least they did last year - you have to check their websites). The annual pass of Europa Park includes a visit to Phantasialand, but is expensive.

Thanks! Only the mid of france has a vacation then, so that won't be of any trouble I think. As for the funcard, we're probably going to visit holiday park during a roadtrip later this year but that's about it, so that unfortunately won't work to our advantage but thanks anyway!

Taron wrote:^^ You can usualy find some good deals on dutch/belgium sites, like this one for example 37,50€:
http://www.funticket.be/index-nl.aspx

They might do some location checks. I didn't test it myself.

Although in german, it's always a good idea to check this german fan forum thread for links to deals: https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/264-phantasialand-verg%C3%BCnstigte-karten-sonderaktionen/?page=39

Yea unfortunately, I can't buy them since my IP address ain't in Belgium. Thanks however, for the phantafriends mention! I'll make sure to check them out.

Again excited for the trip. After the mixed reviews, I had low expectations for Taron but ended up really liking it! Hopefully it'll still be hauling A$$ in april (and let the lines be as short as possible :p )

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fiorell » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:22 am

gardyloo! wrote:Thanks! Only the mid of france has a vacation then, so that won't be of any trouble I think. As for the funcard, we're probably going to visit holiday park during a roadtrip later this year but that's about it, so that unfortunately won't work to our advantage but thanks anyway!

Just to make sure: The annual passes I mentioned do also include discounts for a lot of other parks in the area, e.g. check out http://www.plopsafuncard.be/en/partner-discounts - not only the Plopsa parks.
--== Last Count: 'Spinning Mouse (Manning)' Winter Wonderland London ==--
Take a seat on the CoasterCouch, a german YouTube channel with Molewurfn & Psycho-Duck!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jukajo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:00 pm

gardyloo! wrote:Hey guys, so me and a couple of friends headed to phantasialand last year (near the end of june) and despite being a school day, it still was really busy. So we decided to give it another try this year: april. 19th (a thursday) so....

-is that a good day to visit the park (again schoolday in mid-april)?
-And around what part of the day is taron's line the shortest?
-Any snacks or things, that we might've missed out/overlooked last time, we definitely should check out?
-Any chance anyone knows where to find a good discount for the park :oops: ?

Thanks in advance, we are really looking forward to it, we had a great time last year but, we're really suprised it was so incredibly busy (really until closing time). So, hopefully this time we'll have to park a bit more for ourselves :lmao: .

Unless you're very unlucky you should be fine. The middle of April is usually a good time to visit the park. Closer to the end of April it tends to get a little more crowded since people want to use the 2 for 1 offer (which is oftentimes extended into May, but the park usually only communicates this right before the end of April).
Shortly before the summer holidays when all exams are done a lot of schools make trips to amusement parks which is most likely why it was busy despite being a school day last year in june.

A good time to visit Taron is at noon when lots of people eat lunch. It's usually more crowded right when the park opens and just before it closes. It's no good going there right at opening time anyway because the ride gets even better later in the day when it's properly warmed up :) Overall Taron is most likely still gonna have a longer waiting time than everything else - but ideally this should mean something like "Taron 20-30 minutes, everything else 5 mins or walk on".

The absolute shortest waiting times for Taron I've seen are during the "Wintertraum" (winter season) by the way, if your main goal is Taron you should definitely consider visiting then! Basically only River Quest and Wako Bato are closed and the park is gorgeously decorated - plus night rides on Taron are amazing!

Any things you could have overlooked... if you didn't ride Tikal, DO IT! :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!