Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby Kleator » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 am

Actually during the winter break they done some rock rework at "Deep in Africa". Luckly Phantasialand published a second videos :)

There's also a new blog post (but only in german): https://phantasialandblog.de/wenn-kunst-auf-felsen-trifft/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:53 am

Wow, the transmitter project is really cool! These people think of everything. As a theme park should.

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:05 am

This is a question that some of you probably know (but I don't), but why are many of the HUSS Top Spins in various parks closing? With that said do you think Talocan will be closed within the next few years? I'm just wondering.
Favourite Coaster: SkyRush
Other Favourites: Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Blue Streak (CP), Voyage, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Goliath (SFGAm), Storm Runner, Raptor (CP), and Magnum XL-200

KD's Shockwave>KD's Delirium

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

May the force of Hello Kitty be with you

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 am

yay101 wrote:This is a question that some of you probably know (but I don't), but why are many of the HUSS Top Spins in various parks closing? With that said do you think Talocan will be closed within the next few years? I'm just wondering.

Talocan probably won't be closed anytime soon I'm guessing because as far as I know it's not that unreliable and it's the newer model. Also probably Phantasialand holds it in pretty high regard, it is one of the most iconic flatrides ever.

A lot of Top Spins are closing for basically cost saving reasons, some of them turn out a bit unreliable and as with most HUSS rides they devour electricity like I devour a buffet table so it's easy for a lot of parks to just say hell with this and replace it with like a superloop or something else cheap. For example my (2nd) home park Linnanmäki has a 1995 classic Top Spin and on any given day it might spend up to 1-3 hours non operational so if that's happening at more parks they probably see it easier to just get rid of it.

Off topic on the note of HUSS rides, they apparently sell the topple tower again.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am

Due to the ride's nature, the structure is subject to severe fatigue - way more than other rides or coasters (well, maybe pendulum rides are high too). All rides have their expectant lifetimes but I suspect Top Spins lifecycles are among shortest. It's just not worth the risk prolonging the inevitable risk of fatigue failure, but rather replace the ride. Top Spins can also be kinda considered "old style" rides, and newer shinier things may attract more guests. I've heard newer Top Spins don't devour electricity as much as old ones, but that could also be a reason why most old ones are dismantled.

Talocan is new and represents probably an improved design. I don't see it leaving Phanta anytime soon (and I certainly hope it doesn't)!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kleator » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:04 pm

A nice new African village was created and got its rooftop now:

The man in the video explain that the special tatch that is used was transported down from Kiel to Phantasialand, couse this material wont be used in this area (Mostly used in the north of Germany but to the south less or even not at all).
The used tatch was delivered from China couse it fits more to that rooftop (thinner stalks).
Two of four roofs did fit well, the other needed to be adapted within that progress couse the houses are let into the wall.
Blog: https://phantasialandblog.de/huettenbau-nach-mass-in-africa/

TÜV-Check Black Mamba:

Mr Reichelt - TÜV-expert checking the track for possible collisions, also doing a restraint system check for the seats and also checking the emergency brake.
Blog: https://phantasialandblog.de/auf-herz-und-nieren-die-black-mamba-beim-tuev/

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:07 pm

The park has opened for the season and we now get a good look at the entryway to Rookburgh from Berlin

Source
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Always had a soft spot for that kind of steampunk aesthetic. Loving how it looks!
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby parktraveler008 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:52 am

Lots of fotos and a video from the season start 2018 you will find here.

A video from the changings you will see here:

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby funtime_arena » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:50 am

Here another video of all changings at Phantasialand 2018. For example: new theming at Black Mamba, new stores at Alt-Berlin, demolished house / passage for Rookburgh, new merchandise and more.

The spoken language in this video is german but this is not important. Pictures speak their own language :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!