Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 779: Tigris Coaster for 2019...Better news for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:42 am

I've never had a ride on Kumba that wasn't perfectly smooth including my ride on Monday. I've heard the complaints about roughness but I'm entirely confused by them.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:45 am

^Exactly... I have several friends that claim that Kumba is rough, and I can never understand where it comes from. I rode Kumba for the first time in a while at Howl-o-Scream last month and it was the same smooth, forceful, awesome B&M monster that I've known and loved for years.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 am

Kumba gave me a headache after a 6-7 consecutive ride night marathon, but I don't remember banging my head around. I think it was from how forceful that ride is and not giving myself a break.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:56 am

coasterbill wrote:I've never had a ride on Kumba that wasn't perfectly smooth including my ride on Monday. I've heard the complaints about roughness but I'm entirely confused by them.

I'm usually not one to complain about roughness especially on coasters like Kumba that are amazingly perfect. Maybe I just got a bad day or bad train or something, but coming off the midcourse it shook me up and down in a way that there was no possibility of bracing. I think I also needed to drink more water around that time so that probably contributed to my susceptibility for headache. I still rode it several times but I couldn't do the 6-8 times in a row like I had done in the past.

I still love Kumba, regardless. Even the ones you love most shake you up a little sometimes...to be in love is to accept inevitable pain. :Pr
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:23 pm

I wasn't the biggest fan of Kumba, but I feel like I need to re-ride it. I was only able to ride it once when I went due to (a) one train operations and (b) trying to get all the big coasters in prior to my bus back to Orlando. It also didn't help that it was over 100 degrees that day
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:27 am

I can't wait to get down to Florida and ride BGT's wonderful collection of B&Ms at some point, particularly Kumba. I absolutely adore Riddler's Revenge (which I hear people call the "Kumba of the West"), so it sounds like my type of ride... and probably a little more comfortable than Riddler, too.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby coasterbill » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:37 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote: "Kumba of the West"

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:59 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:I can't wait to get down to Florida and ride BGT's wonderful collection of B&Ms at some point, particularly Kumba. I absolutely adore Riddler's Revenge (which I hear people call the "Kumba of the West"), so it sounds like my type of ride... and probably a little more comfortable than Riddler, too.

Technically, if you go so far west that you end up crossing the Pacific Ocean and over two-thirds of the world, you'll end up in Spain where you can ride Dragon Khan.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:I can't wait to get down to Florida and ride BGT's wonderful collection of B&Ms at some point, particularly Kumba. I absolutely adore Riddler's Revenge (which I hear people call the "Kumba of the West"), so it sounds like my type of ride... and probably a little more comfortable than Riddler, too.

Pretty much anything is more comfortable than a B&M stand-up.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:55 am

Yeah the similarities of Riddler and Kumba kind of stop after the first couple of inversions, and that’s really only superficially. If Riddler had sit-down trains, it still wouldn’t be nearly as zippy and snappy as Kumba - Riddler is far more drawn out.

And as a sidebar, in my perfect world, Riddler would be converted into a floorless, and Scream would be moved to a park that could actually use it. I know it will most likely never happen, but I’d rather have Riddler’s unique layout as a floorless than Scream’s generic parking lot experience anyday.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!