Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 779: Tigris Coaster for 2019...Better news for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:34 pm

^ :lol: You look a wee bit hesitant about petting the neck, Bert. I know you aren't, but still. Awesome shot.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ :lol: You look a wee bit hesitant about petting the neck, Bert. I know you aren't, but still. Awesome shot.

It's just when Nick took the picture. . I was reaching for it.

we had just finished hand feeding them:
IMG_0325.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby teacherkim » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Thanks for the info Bert!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:37 pm

teacherkim wrote:Thanks for the info Bert!

you are very welcome.

have a great time, it' s a fantastic park (and don't miss the Kangaroo & Wallaby walk thru).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby BintamiM » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:37 pm

teacherkim wrote:OK locals and frequent visitors......We will be there in a couple of weeks. Have one day before a cruise out of Tampa, so I just went ahead and bought the quick queues on line to save time, was almost a for sure we were going to get them anyway. A few quick questions:

1) When I printed out all the tickets and such is just said to present the paper quick queue tickets to ride attendants to get in the line. Is that correct or do I need to turn them in for a wristband or something similar? Never heard of just carrying a paper around all day to use, and I've been to a lot of parks and gotten a lot of fastpasses and such.

2) I also did a serengeti tour and it would not let me print out a ticket for that. Have a receipt, stop by guest services I presume?

3) Any recommendations on food? We will probably be there open to close so will need a few nice breaks. I saw the restaurant with the three course price fixe menu; worth it?

I was there 35 years ago so obviously some changes have occured, lol. Hopefully, all the neighborhood gun owners are having a quiet day :roll:

1) yes you present the paper.
2) double check the instructions. But stop by guest services inside the park to verify your and quick queue.
3) I personally like Dragon fyre grill in pantopia or Zambia smokehouse in stanleyville. Dragon fyre has a lot of options (american, tex mex, italian, Asian and a deli) plus if you time it right you can see a show while you eat.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby teacherkim » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:50 am

Quick tr from yesterday. We had a great day at the park, all the coasters up and running. With quick queue we got through all the major rides within 4or 5 hours, then could relax and enjoy seconds at our leisure. Only major ride down was Falcons Fury, it did have a wall across the entrance and looks to be under refurb.

The giraffe experience was fantastic! Worth every penny and it wasn't really all that expensive.

Ate at Dragonfire, good for a family because there were so many options.

Thankfully we did not encounter any stray bullets ;)

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby vertigomike » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:34 pm

I feel like enthusiasts didn't pick apart Jungala closing enough or BGT costs cut enough, so I'll bite. I never quite understood about the money problems at BGT, but Jungala really irked me more than seeing Gwazi still standing there on my last visit.

There have been mentions over the years of park operating budget constraints for BGT between podcasts, coaster events where park operations discussed Rhino Rally's closing, forum discussions about the unexpected closing of the entire Jungala land, and the somewhat infamous explanations for the closures of Gwazi and Tidal Wave. For such an amazing park, having so much SBNO,
non-functional attracions (especially the Tidal Wave/Jungala area), is really conspicuous and annoying, like a beautiful royal garden with dead black bushes scattered throughout the premises.

This always perplexed me because BGT is the most attended theme park in the country outside of Orlando or Los Angeles. For example with Gwazi and Tidal Wave, the ride was in bad shape, but are operating costs really the reason to close it? Can't a park of this caliber afford to demolish/remove this eye soar? It feels odd that smaller parks would never let such an eye soar stay like Hercules at Dorney, Son of Beast at Kings Island, Rolling Thunder at SFGadv, or Thunder Run at Carrowinds. Why let Gwazi blemish a world class park for so long? Did Tidal Wave really cost that much? I can't imagine a shoot the chutes ride being that much a burden on operations when parks as small as Canobie Lake can run the same model). For any park of it's caliber attendance-wise, I consistently hear constant discussions about longer term growth, major expansions, 5-8 year development. It's not that they don't make major park additions, they do! However, for a park that pulls in more people than Cedar Point, Knott's, Hershey Park, Canada's Wonderland, Magic Mountain, etc. I've heard money issues associated with BGT more than I heard for all of the aforementioned parks combined. Since 2012, BGT has added Falcon's Fury and Cobra's Curse and seen a lot more closed then that. Any of the other top 10 drawing parks in the country have had consistent major additions/land expansions.

I can't fathom a situation where Hershey would just let Lightning Racer or SFMM just let Viper sit closed as a SBNO paperweight for years b/c of "low ridership/high operating costs" or Knott's closing down Ghost Town or Wild Water Wilderness as a budget cut move, but this all seems normal to us now for BGT.

Am I'm only getting part of the story with BGT? Does anyone feel like the parks development has lagged behind where it should/could be considering how big a of a draw BGT is? I do understand that its parent company Seaworld lost a lot of stock value but is that the sole reason for the slim ops?

Also, I'll bite. Any updates or developments on the "Twisted Tiger, Uproar, and Tigris" end of things?
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3daeb7ce4d5157dc4ad7d17c8391e12f.jpg[/img][/url]

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 am

I agree, the park is really loading up with closed attractions. I was there recently and the site of Gwazi really saddens me. You can see parts of the entrance roof falling apart. At least Tidal Wave is not an eyesore anymore. This is my home park and I really hope they start stepping up their game. And will someone please tell me what the hell is up with Montu? Every visit I have this ride breaks down. One time recently it broke down every time my son and I got in line. I have never seen a B&M coaster with as much down time as this one. Maybe it’s time for a major overhaul of this ride. I never see Kumba or Sheikra break down as much as this one. Seems Busch did the best by this park than any of these owners since then. Shame Busch couldn’t buy them back and get it back to its glory days.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:18 am

Could it be related to Sea World? They are owned by the same company aren't they?
Perhaps they are cost cutting to ensure the company as a whole is OK.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Uberbluedragon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 pm

So I'm going raise a question here, since seaworld san diego is getting a skywarp horizon could Busch gardens tampa be getting a skywarp eclipse model from skyline attractions and not a skyrocket 2 like tempesto&electric eel?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!