Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 779: Tigris Coaster for 2019...Better news for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Great report!

PS: Thank god...
Source: Screamscape

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Yay for something to finally get demoed and another ride installed in its place. I love me some BGT but they have entirely too many SBNO attractions.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:47 am

A disheartening story at BGT last night. A man was struck by a bullet from some idiot with a gun, outside the park, shooting the gun into the air during "celebratory" gun shooting on the 4th. The person struck was kept overnight in the hospital for observation. It's doubtful police will catch the irresponsible gun freak. Story link, http://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2018/07/05/police--man-struck-by-celebratory-gunfire-at-busch-gardens

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:50 am

^Stay Klassy Tampa!

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:01 am

Again???? I hate it when every American stereotype turns out to be true.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:28 am

djcoastermark wrote:It's doubtful police will catch the irresponsible gun freak.

No, I've seen CSI AND Bones, and they totally have those ballistics simulators. They just get a really smart person who taps on a computer, and they know exactly where the shots were fired from. It's so easy.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:52 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
djcoastermark wrote:It's doubtful police will catch the irresponsible gun freak.

No, I've seen CSI AND Bones, and they totally have those ballistics simulators. They just get a really smart person who taps on a computer, and they know exactly where the shots were fired from. It's so easy.
pauley.gif

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:58 pm

:lmao: :nina:

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:00 pm

OK locals and frequent visitors......We will be there in a couple of weeks. Have one day before a cruise out of Tampa, so I just went ahead and bought the quick queues on line to save time, was almost a for sure we were going to get them anyway. A few quick questions:

1) When I printed out all the tickets and such is just said to present the paper quick queue tickets to ride attendants to get in the line. Is that correct or do I need to turn them in for a wristband or something similar? Never heard of just carrying a paper around all day to use, and I've been to a lot of parks and gotten a lot of fastpasses and such.

2) I also did a serengeti tour and it would not let me print out a ticket for that. Have a receipt, stop by guest services I presume?

3) Any recommendations on food? We will probably be there open to close so will need a few nice breaks. I saw the restaurant with the three course price fixe menu; worth it?

I was there 35 years ago so obviously some changes have occured, lol. Hopefully, all the neighborhood gun owners are having a quiet day :roll:

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:10 pm

teacherkim wrote:OK locals and frequent visitors......We will be there in a couple of weeks. Have one day before a cruise out of Tampa, so I just went ahead and bought the quick queues on line to save time, was almost a for sure we were going to get them anyway. A few quick questions:

1) When I printed out all the tickets and such is just said to present the paper quick queue tickets to ride attendants to get in the line. Is that correct or do I need to turn them in for a wristband or something similar? Never heard of just carrying a paper around all day to use, and I've been to a lot of parks and gotten a lot of fastpasses and such.

2) I also did a serengeti tour and it would not let me print out a ticket for that. Have a receipt, stop by guest services I presume?

3) Any recommendations on food? We will probably be there open to close so will need a few nice breaks.

I was there 35 years ago so obviously some changes have occured, lol. Hopefully, all the neighborhood gun owners are having a quiet day :roll:

we didn't do Quick Queue, so can't help with that one. .

the Serengeti tours have a booth across from the train station (past Cheetah Hunt). . that's where you'll exchange your voucher for the ticket at the time of your tour. Check at Guest Services on your way in (or call them before you go) to be safe, but that's how we did it last year.
(you'll have a great time, the Giraffes get super close to the truck).

as to food, we really liked the food at the Restaurant at the top of the Serengeti Overlook (just across from Cheetah Hunt entrance). I did just see a report (on this string maybe??) that they've revamped the menu, but they kept some of the mainstays and the food was great.

other than that, folks will recommend the BarBQue near Shiekra (we didn't try it), and the Bacon Wrapped Pretzels near Falcon's Fury (as fantastic as everyone says they are).
IMG_0330.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!