Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 699 - Cobra's Curse Media Day Report and Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:54 pm

coasterbill wrote:
diamondzznspurs wrote:I think best seats are pretty subjective

Not on Kumba, back row far side or GTFO. :lol:

Same seat as Nitro's hot seat for me as well. This is good to know.

I heard BGT is basically like Dorney with no lines, so I'm definitely going to try and do a front/back ride on at LEAST Kumba, Montu, Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt.

Sheikra is going to break my Dive machine virginity and I'm excited :lmao:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby diamondzznspurs » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Thanks for the tip. We are going to wait to see what the weather is like since we are going the last weekend. I know we are going to buy the passes so we can get in the skeleton key rooms, just will not pay for that on Saturday, hoping for Fri night, I know we will purchase online before we get to the park because it is cheaper.
[color=#8000FF]]Top 10: 1. Millennium Force 2. Cheetah Hunt 3. Maverick 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. Sheikra 6. Valravn 7. Gatekeeper 8. Montu 9. Beast 10. Diamondback

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:41 pm

I'll be at the park Saturday night and MAYBE Sunday for the first half of the day.

I've been to BGT many times but never during their haunt event, so I'm looking for any tips!

How crowded will it be Saturday night and Sunday morning/early afternoon?

I am usually more interested in riding coasters at night than doing haunts, but based on people's reviews here, I am starting to want to do the haunts. If I am there both days I will probably do at least some haunts.

If I get the front of line pass for haunts and coasters, would it be realistic to do all the haunts and one front of line access to each of the six rides included and still have a decent amount of time to hit my favorite coasters again? (suggesting I don't go back on Sunday). Does front of the line access to coasters assign seats? I don't want to be stuck in the middle of trains, but I don't mind back if front is off limits.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:04 pm

^ Given the fact that you probably have a majority of people in Florida from the East Coast over there due to Hurricane Matthew, coupled with the fact that the weather doesn't look too bad for Saturday & Sunday, I would say to expect heavy crowds (obviously expect the worst on Saturday).

A friend of mine down that way said that it was damn near impossible to get a hotel in the Tampa area because of all the East Coast evacuees moving over to that side of the state in order to wait out the storm. Maybe you might get lucky and most will head home on Saturday/Sunday - if the weather clears.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby bert425 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:01 pm

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
diamondzznspurs wrote:I think best seats are pretty subjective

Not on Kumba, back row far side or GTFO. :lol:

Same seat as Nitro's hot seat for me as well. This is good to know.

I heard BGT is basically like Dorney with no lines, so I'm definitely going to try and do a front/back ride on at LEAST Kumba, Montu, Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt.

Sheikra is going to break my Dive machine virginity and I'm excited :lmao:

Cheetah Hunt has lines. . . even if not busy, expect to wait at least 20 minutes.

and if Cobra's Curse goes down?. . Montu (right next door to it) gets SLAMMED. . but it was walk on when Cobra's Curse was running.

Sheikra & Kumba were walk ons on busy days when we were there.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:01 pm

:lol: Can someone please go to Busch Gardens tomorrow? I'd love a trip report. Initially I was shocked that they were planning to open but besides the wind the weather actually doesn't seem that terrible. I could see them being anywhere from dead to absolutely slammed with people who were planning to go to the other Florida parks.

With 27 MPH sustained winds I'd be curious what (if any) coasters they open though.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:13 am

Philrad71 wrote:^ Given the fact that you probably have a majority of people in Florida from the East Coast over there due to Hurricane Matthew, coupled with the fact that the weather doesn't look too bad for Saturday & Sunday, I would say to expect heavy crowds (obviously expect the worst on Saturday).

A friend of mine down that way said that it was damn near impossible to get a hotel in the Tampa area because of all the East Coast evacuees moving over to that side of the state in order to wait out the storm. Maybe you might get lucky and most will head home on Saturday/Sunday - if the weather clears.

Thank you for your input.

I am thinking it'll be pretty busy, but I was hoping the hurricane may distract people from going to the park even though it will have already passed most of Florida. I'm hoping anyone who went to west Florida will be on their way back home now, and maybe tourists that had the options to adjust travel plans won't be around this weekend. I am sure most of the crowd is local and it won't really make a difference, but I can buy the front of line pass if needed.

Luckily I already have a hotel in Tampa!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby iLax43 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:39 pm

I went to Howl-O-Scream last night for the first time, and it was definitely an experience. The original plan was to hit Horror Nights as is tradition, but with Universal closed we found an alternate. While we weren't at the park during normal hours, I can give some insight into the crowds. We got in with early admission around 5:30, and rode everything to our hearts content before 7:30 (i.e. Cobra's Curse at 15 minutes, Cheetah Hunt at 10, and all the B&M's were walk on.) 7:30 finally rolls around, and we hit the first house, Black Spot, because we just had gotten off a marathon of Sheikra. We walked directly in to the house, with nothing resembling a wait or anyone else with us. This was a pretty common theme throughout the night. Outside of Motel Hell and Circus of Superstition, we walked directly in to each house alone. Even then, our longest wait was legitimately three minutes for Motel. We waited 15 minutes for Falcon's Fury when it opened and that brought back some humility. All in all last night was amazing, and it was all due to Hurricane Matthew. To sum up the crowds, we were walk on front row of Montu at 11 and as we saw the parking lot ahead of us there couldn't have been more than 200 cars. It was dead. We felt the positive and negative effects of Matthew as we came from Jacksonville, but last night was beyond memorable. So while not a formal and all our Trip Report, I hope that works for you Coasterbill and anyone else wondering how it was!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:56 pm

So we're going Wednesday, opening to close. Any tips for navigating the park? What to do first?

My goal is to try and get on the major four (Sheikra, Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt) as much as possible in back/front both sides of the train.

I am stupid.

Postby I love pie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:48 pm

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:So we're going Wednesday, opening to close. Any tips for navigating the park? What to do first?

My goal is to try and get on the major four (Sheikra, Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt) as much as possible in back/front both sides of the train.

I'd recommend that you do cheetah hunt first as it has the longest lines. After that ride Montu and you can either take the skyride or walk to Sheikra. Then head on over to panotopia to ride falcon's fury and Kumba.
Navigating the park is pretty easy as there are signs every where that fell you where each attraction is. The map is pretty useful too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!