Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 699 - Cobra's Curse Media Day Report and Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:23 pm

What are the best seats for each coaster? I'm going to try and ride everything as much as possible, but I'd at least like to get the best seat on Montu, Kumba, Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt

I am stupid.

Postby I love pie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:40 am

^Front for Montu (but most people say that the back is best) and Cheetah Hunt, back for Sheikra and Kumba.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:58 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:What are the best seats for each coaster? I'm going to try and ride everything as much as possible, but I'd at least like to get the best seat on Montu, Kumba, Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt

Back row for Montu, front row for Sheikra and on Kumba the back row, right seat (closest to the unload platform) is absolutely the magic seat. Seriously... take notes on the Kumba magic seat. There will be a test later.

I don't have a strong preference on the other coasters.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby diamondzznspurs » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:41 am

I think best seats are pretty subjective, I am a front row person as I like my rides smooth. What I did notice was just how smooth the coasters were compared to my home parks of Kings Island and Cedar Point. It occurred to me that the difference is probably the cold weather we experience up here compared to Florida.

I heard the same thing about HHN, I would be pissed to be rushed thru a house. I have to say that I had scares numerous times and I don't scare easily but we were allowed to walk at our own pace and the scares were plenty, at least with my group they held people back to create gaps. I did like going in first as opposed to last in the group as you see the scares in the back more.

As for Cedar Point we are mainly going for the coasters. We had gone in July when they had a water main break that was a disaster, so we are going back on the park. We will probably buy front of the line passes for the houses either Friday night or Sunday. We have fast lane passes to use one day which will probably be Saturday and early admission for 2 days so I'm expecting a pretty good trip, the Halloween part is just an added bonus.
[color=#8000FF]]Top 10: 1. Millennium Force 2. Cheetah Hunt 3. Maverick 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. Sheikra 6. Valravn 7. Gatekeeper 8. Montu 9. Beast 10. Diamondback

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:43 am

diamondzznspurs wrote:I think best seats are pretty subjective

Not on Kumba, back row far side or GTFO. :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby diamondzznspurs » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:40 am

Unfortunately that was the one coaster I didn't get to ride. We never made it over there during the day and at night it was down, although I kept seeing wait times for it, so I'm not sure if our tour guide had wrong information or what. But I had such a wonderful time that I have to bring my husband back, maybe next Halloween.
[color=#8000FF]]Top 10: 1. Millennium Force 2. Cheetah Hunt 3. Maverick 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. Sheikra 6. Valravn 7. Gatekeeper 8. Montu 9. Beast 10. Diamondback

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:05 am

diamondzznspurs wrote: We will probably buy front of the line passes for the houses either Friday night or Sunday. We have fast lane passes to use one day which will probably be Saturday and early admission for 2 days so I'm expecting a pretty good trip, the Halloween part is just an added bonus.

For Cedar Point, definitely wait until you get there and judge the lines for the haunt passes. On Sundays (albeit I always go earlier in the season) the past 3 years the absolute longest I've ever had to wait was 10-15 minutes for a house. Obviously your milage may vary, but just an observation :) -- I can see them selling out on a Saturday, but not on a Friday or Sunday.
Last edited by anonymouscactus on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:39 pm.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:53 am

I'm definitely a back row person, I prefer back on everything except maybe Cheetah Hunt. Kumba, back right. Sheikra...I still prefer back right. Montu... not sure if I had a preference for right or left, maybe back right as well? Cheetah Hunt...I always sat in the back, but partially because I didn't want to wait for the front.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:56 am

Yeah I don't remember if I liked the right or left better on Montu either but I love that pretzel in the back row. Holy hell...

Postby viking86 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:04 pm

^I swear, that batwing in the backseat was trying to take my face off!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!