Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 741: Howl-O-Scream Preview Trip Report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby djcoastermark » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:34 am

^ :nina:

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:47 pm

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:Naughty Nurses, Sexy Scare Actors. It's the Reeces Peanut Butter Cup of Halloween Events! Two great tastes that taste great together! :lover:

Do you ever not be perverted? :lmao:

I CAN HAS PERVERTED!? :b :lover: :b

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby marth555 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Does anyone know if the Mears shuttle from Orlando to the park operates late for Howl O Scream?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby bf9 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:16 pm

So as far as I'm aware...Gwazi is still sitting there...any trucks, boats, or other activity seen near that ride? ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:17 pm

bf9 wrote:So as far as I'm aware...Gwazi is still sitting there...any trucks, boats, or other activity seen near that ride? ;)

Just give up now!! #It'llNeverOpen
Bigger is not always better.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:31 pm

I viewed a picture of a RMC truck parked near the coaster, but it looks photo shopped. ;)
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby diamondzznspurs » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:50 pm

I went last Friday for the first time and wow I absolutely loved Howl O Scream! The weather did not cooperate but I didn't let that stop me from having a great time. I was really bummed that my first time going to Florida in October and I wasn't able to go to Universal HHN, but this event was soooo good. The crowds were not bad but I also did the 5 hour mega tour which gave us a tour guide, front of the line for the houses and rides, drinks, reserved seating at Fiends and a photo. Now that I've been spoiled by this I will never want to do it any other way. My favorite house was Motel Hell and outdoor area was the playground. Busch Gardens really did a class act with this event. Our tour guide told us that Gwazi was not going to be taken down as it would cost more to do that than just leave it standing. She said there was talk of a new coaster in 2018 but I take that with a grain of salt. My husband and I are doing Halloweekends at Cedar Point the end of the month but after this event I doubt it will compare.
[color=#8000FF]]Top 10: 1. Millennium Force 2. Cheetah Hunt 3. Maverick 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. Sheikra 6. Valravn 7. Gatekeeper 8. Montu 9. Beast 10. Diamondback

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:52 pm

diamondzznspurs wrote:My husband and I are doing Halloweekends at Cedar Point the end of the month but after this event I doubt it will compare.

It won't, just ride the rides and ignore the haunt. I agree, Howl O Scream is amazing.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:37 pm

I've had some decent experiences at the Cedar Point haunt. It's pretty hit or miss from house to house and year to year. I have always gone Sundays when there are no lines, so unfortunately the scare zones and spooky atmosphere is not there so I don't really know what night time is like, but some actors were really into it and make the houses enjoyable. You are right that it's not on the same level as HOS, but it's way better than a lot of other park offerings.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby CoasterGoddess » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:08 pm

diamondzznspurs wrote:I went last Friday for the first time and wow I absolutely loved Howl O Scream! The weather did not cooperate but I didn't let that stop me from having a great time. I was really bummed that my first time going to Florida in October and I wasn't able to go to Universal HHN, but this event was soooo good. The crowds were not bad but I also did the 5 hour mega tour which gave us a tour guide, front of the line for the houses and rides, drinks, reserved seating at Fiends and a photo. Now that I've been spoiled by this I will never want to do it any other way. My favorite house was Motel Hell and outdoor area was the playground. Busch Gardens really did a class act with this event. Our tour guide told us that Gwazi was not going to be taken down as it would cost more to do that than just leave it standing. She said there was talk of a new coaster in 2018 but I take that with a grain of salt. My husband and I are doing Halloweekends at Cedar Point the end of the month but after this event I doubt it will compare.

Howl-O-Scream is under-rated for sure! In my opinion it's much scarier and overall better than Halloween Horror Nights. The biggest, and probably only negative is HOS don't have the money that HHN has to make as many house with expensive details. But HOS, unlike HHN, don't have security in every room telling you to move along and hurry you through their houses and thus ruining the scare factor. Also, HHN is always a conga line and never a break between guest unlike HOS.
I talked with a friend who visited HHN last weekend and they weren't happy with it. Said he spent a lot of money and didn't get to go through their 2 best houses as the lines were over 3 hours for their best houses.
Howl-O-Scream, for many of us Floridians know is cheaper, less crowded, scarier, and more fun.
Glad you got to experience it. :airtimer: :airtime: No word on Gwazi, but wood don't weather good in Florida. I think it'd cost too much to take apart a weather damaged (?) ride and ship it and attempt to assemble it back together and hope it runs well. I think maybe... firewood? Sad. :cry: :( :cry:
"Character matters; leadership descends from character." - Rush Limbaugh

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!