Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 699 - Cobra's Curse Media Day Report and Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:43 am

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:Tanganyika Tidal Wave is closed? I must've missed something, what happened? :|

What happened was for some kind of reason they closed the Tanganyida Tidal Wave down (since April 2016 - according to Wikipedia), and it shall remain so until they either restore it, replace it, or just tear it down. I'm hoping for another "Journey to Atlantis" in which they can re-use the still standing lift and drop as the first lift and drop and build a building to house the second lift and even wilder drop.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Visited the park today. (No camera due to forecast, so no pictures :cry: )

Ride Count:
Falcon's Fury: 2x
Scorpion: 1x third row
Kumba: 1x back row, exit side.
Rain delay: about 45 min.
Sheikra: 1x front row, far entrance
Cheetah Hunt: 1x back row
Montu: 2x back entrance,
Sheikra again: 1x
Cobra's Curse: :lmao: Down all day.
Very few queues except for Scorpion (10 min), Kumba (10 min), and Cheetah (17 min).

The park could really use more thrill flat rides. Or just more flat rides in general. And attraction-specific merch.

Had the all-day dining deal today against my better judgment, but it came with the good deal my resort offered. That Bacon Pretzel Fury though... :br

Could the Icepoloration storyline get any cheesier? The acrobatics/puppetry/other athletes were great.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby PhantomPoster32 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:09 pm

palmerleeberry wrote:
TheCoasterKid211 wrote:Tanganyika Tidal Wave is closed? I must've missed something, what happened? :|

What happened was for some kind of reason they closed the Tanganyida Tidal Wave down (since April 2016 - according to Wikipedia), and it shall remain so until they either restore it, replace it, or just tear it down. I'm hoping for another "Journey to Atlantis" in which they can re-use the still standing lift and drop as the first lift and drop and build a building to house the second lift and even wilder drop.

An Escape from Pompeii would make more sense

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:21 pm

^ A Mack or Intamin water coaster would suit the park well.
Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , StormRunner, Griffin/ Shiekra, Alpengeist

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:23 pm

So, Cobra's Curse... just rode it. It's good. Don't go on expecting it to spin so much. :?r
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Screamscape posted a rumor that a B&M may be in development for BGT for 2018 or 2019. I wonder if it would be to replace Gwazi? I'm still hoping RMC will get to handle that, but the possibility of tearing Gwazi down is also very probable.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ZambeziZinger » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:44 pm

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:So, Cobra's Curse... just rode it. It's good. Don't go on expecting it to spin so much. :?r

You know (as someone who doesn't like spinning) that's great news

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:53 am

From the official Busch Gardens blog, link to the article here.
Howl-O-Scream 2016 returns with seven haunted houses, two of which are new and creeper than ever:
NEW! Motel Hell
Nightmares become reality at this deserted motel once you realize why it’s conveniently vacant. The paranormal presence of its former owners still lurks on the untouched property, mysteriously preventing the brave souls who are attempting to tear it down. Guests who dare to enter will find themselves face-to-face with their worst nightmares and inescapable fate.
NEW! The Black Spot
When Saw Tooth Silas, an infamous pirate, decides that one should no longer exist, he marks them for death. Victims are then sent to The Black Spot, where they meet their horrifying demise. The trick lies within the dimly-lit corners of the mysterious hideaway, holding the secret to escape… or demise.

Howl-O-Scream’s roaming hordes have heard the cries loud and clear. The infamous mobs are back and bigger than ever:
NEW! Inescapable Roaming Hordes
Throughout the park and in between haunted houses, every corner will be deemed unsafe. This year, roaming hordes are infesting Howl-O-Scream at an unstoppable rate as the infamous scare squads return bigger and more horrifying than ever. From their screeching welcome at the front gates to the eerie traps in the depths of the park, no corner is safe from these merciless roaming hordes.

Guests can test their limits while braving thrill rides in the dark, including Cobra’s Curse, Busch Gardens’ new one-of-a-kind spin coaster. Plus, challenge North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower Falcon’s Fury, Florida’s first and only triple-launch coaster Cheetah Hunt and others.
Freaky Preview returns this year and will open Howl-O-Scream 2016 on Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24. The event then runs select nights from Sept. 29 through Oct. 30. Operating event hours are 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

This year, 4-Pack Ticket Deals start at $35.99 per person, plus tax. Reduced advance-purchase rates are available online, and special offers are available for Busch Gardens Pass Members. Additionally, out-of-towners can take advantage of great vacations packages, like the Overnight Fright or Wild & Wicked Weekends packages. For more information, visit HowlOScream.com.

This is exciting to me! :)
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:15 pm

^ I wonder if the Motel Hell haunt will bury you up to your neck in the garden just like in the movie? :lol:

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby nswain1110 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Hello coaster friends :-) I'm visiting Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World Orlando from Oct 18 - 21st. Does anyone know how the crowds usually are this time of year for both parks? For BGT, I'm sure the Halloween night time event will be busy - interested in knowing about the daytime crowds. Many thanks in advance!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!