Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 699 - Cobra's Curse Media Day Report and Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Jcoaster » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:35 am

Both would be welcome additions and I wouldn't mind one before the other in any order.
Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , StormRunner, Griffin/ Shiekra, Alpengeist

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:32 am

We didn't have that great of a time in the park on Monday, but I think most of that was attributed to my unrealistic expectations and being in a piss poor mood. On the other hand, we had a phenomenal time at Sea World. I'll make a trip report when we get back from the beach next week. I just wanted to stop in and say how frustrated I am with Valraven after now having ridden Shiekra to cap off all three of the American dive machines. I've never been one to dog B&M, but come on....

More to come.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:48 am

^Hmmm... I'll be interested in hearing you elaborate on this, because having ridden both ShieKra and Valravn, I think the latter is a FAR better iteration of the Dive Coaster!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:27 am

Visiting the park either next Tuesday or Wednesday.
-So when should I start looking at the weather for the day? I know over on the CP thread, they say avoid looking at the weather until just before visiting. BGT is close enough to the Gulf where I feel like this could be similar.
-By that measure, what is the rain policy?
-What rides do I need a medicated rabbit for vs which ones have bins in the stations?
-With a one day ticket, what is the latest point where I could upgrade it to a season pass?
-Since I'm moving down to Tampa for school, how is HOS hiring done. I've seen no advertising for it on social media.
-I'm going to get either the all day dining plan or a Twisted Tails Pretzel. What is recommended.
Sleep feels like a distant dream.
A little pain never hurt anybody.

Parks: 19
Credits: 95 (19 wood/76 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:45 am

^ as far as the weather, this is Florida - it changes from minute to minute. At this time of year, expect at least one afternoon thundershower every day. It pretty much rains every day through the summer. If there aren't any hurricanes or Tropical Depressions in the Gulf, you will be fine.

The ride and rain policy is like other parks - it is not consistent. I've ridden Cheetah Hunt in rain so cold it was almost sleet, and I've seen it close when there was a light mist in the air.

As far as I can recall, all of the major coasters have bins in the stations so medicated rabbits aren't much of an issue unless you have valuables that you don't want to leave out.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:23 pm

It's the lightning that's more a cause for ride closure than rain. I never really saw it rain without some lightning in the area and everything would close with lightning within 10 miles or so. I also don't think there's any way to predict it except on a minute by minute basis as jynx242 said.

Kumba, Montu, Sheikra, and Falcons Fury definitely had cubby holes for water bottles and small items. The others might have them too but I definitely remember the above 4 having them.

For hiring look on the Seaworld parks job posting website and narrow your search to BGT.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:06 pm

we were just there last month, and although there ARE cubbies on most of the stations for small objects, several times we were not even allowed in the queue with a small bag, and had to go get a "bunnie"

the cost is reasonable, but it was a bit annoying, as they filled up quickly, and several times we had to wait for the staff to open a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo and remove someone's stuff.

for SURE that happened (bunny needed) on Cobra's Curse, Montu, and Cheetah Hunt.

can't recall on SheiKra, and for sure did NOT happen on Scorpion (they have cubbies), Kumba (cubbies) and Sand Serpent.

and every day we were in the park (Trip report floating around somewhere on the 1st couple of pages), *all* rides (including train) shut down for weather, and 2 of the 3 days things didn't reopen. So i'd recommend going in the morning if you want rides, but anytime, if you are fine doing shows or animals when things shut down.

ETA: skip the all day dining, you won't need it. The Pretzels are great, but I'd highly recommend the Serengetti Overlook buffet (directly across from Cheetah Hunt, on the 3rd floor above the pub). It was $18 but the food was excellent and so filling, we didn't really need to eat again that day.

a cheaper option is the Garden Grill Pizza buffet, but that wasn't really that good.

hope this helps!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm

^ I will second that on the buffet . I do that every time now when I do a full day at the park. It is a great value. (especially on holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.) In fact that has become our Christmas tradition now with my mom and dad, Dad is in his 80's, mom is near 80. The food, the wine, great. Then right after we all get in line for Cheetah. The perfect way to spend a holiday imho.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:41 pm

palmerleeberry wrote:If you all don't mind, I'm going to change the subject and talk about a boat ride called "Journey to Atlantis. . .

:?r "Dude, that ride's in SeaWorld. I thought this thread was supposed to be on Busch Gardens Tampa?"

Well, it is. I just wanted to say that they ought to put a ride like that to replace their old and closed-off Tanganyika Shoot the Chutes ride. I think that would be awesome!

Tanganyika Tidal Wave is closed? I must've missed something, what happened? :|
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:19 pm

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:
palmerleeberry wrote:If you all don't mind, I'm going to change the subject and talk about a boat ride called "Journey to Atlantis. . .

:?r "Dude, that ride's in SeaWorld. I thought this thread was supposed to be on Busch Gardens Tampa?"

Well, it is. I just wanted to say that they ought to put a ride like that to replace their old and closed-off Tanganyika Shoot the Chutes ride. I think that would be awesome!

Tanganyika Tidal Wave is closed? I must've missed something, what happened? :|

That moose out front is slacking. What's he doing all day? He's supposed to be telling you that the ride's been closed.
Sleep feels like a distant dream.
A little pain never hurt anybody.

Parks: 19
Credits: 95 (19 wood/76 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!